Kanye Keeps Making Waves

Kanye Keeps Making Waves

Keeping Up With Kanye

28
Kanye Keeps Making Waves

Earlier this month, Yeezy took to Twitter to let us know that SWISH would be coming soon, February 11th to be exact. That same day we got a new single titled, "Real Friends" and a clip of "No More Parties in LA" featuring Kendrick Lamar. Until then, Ye had kept pretty quiet about his forthcoming album but since dropping "Real Friends" he has been full of announcements.

After releasing real friends West's wife, Kim Kardashian West took to Twitter to let us know that GOOD Fridays would be returning. GOOD Fridays first originated before the release of Kayne's, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and consisted of West releasing a new song with a free download each Friday prior to the album release. After Kim made the announcement, however, we did not get a new song the following Friday, leaving many fans unhappy. Kim took to twitter again let everyone know that GOOD Fridays would in fact be returning but Kanye had was tied up with some work.

The following day, Yeezy posted "No More Parties In LA" to Soundcloud and fans went wild. Six minutes of straight bars and Kanye sounding as if he's gotten in touch with his roots made it worth the wait and initial disappointment of the track not being released the previous Friday.

With a release date and a few new tracks, fans were already ecstatic and then last week Kanye brought us even more news. On January 25th we got the tracklist to SWISH via Twitter, hand scrawled on a legal pad with "KYLIE WAS HERE" written at the bottom. Fans rejoiced as they saw that "Wolves" featuring Sia and Vic Mensa was finally going to be officially released while some fans were disappointed to see that "FACTS" and Kanye's ode to his wife Kim, "Awesome" did not make the cut. But the very next day everything changed.

Along with the release of SWISH we knew that Yeezy Season 3, the third installment of West's line with Adidas would be dropping soon and on the 26th we found out that they'd actually be released the same day. Yeezy Season 3 is going to be open to the public (much to the dismay of the fashion industry) and held at Madison Square Garden and is to be soundtracked by the new album in it's entirety and broadcast to select theaters across the globe. Opening the show to the public was a smart move as the collection is said to be more affordable this time around but many other designers are not pleased as this will draw much attention away from their shows given that February 11th is also the first day of New York Fashion Week.

With all this buzz circulating about the album and show in classic Kanye style, he then went and changed a major detail. The evening of the Yeezy Season 3 announcement Kanye again took to twitter to inform fans that the album title had been changed from SWISH to WAVES and gave us an updated tracklist. Though the tracklist was still written on the same piece of paper it now offers much more detail. This time more than just Kylie had gotten to add a personal touch the list, it was no surprise to see that Kim and Kourtney Kardashian had added their own messages as it has been reported that Kanye had each sister of the Kardashian/Jenner clan come into the studio individually to give feedback on WAVES. It now appears that A$AP Rocky, Chance The Rapper and Earl Sweatshirt will all be featured on WAVES along with a plethora of great producers.

Now that we've gotten what are hopefully the final details all we can is sit back, wait for February 11th to arrive and hope what Kanye says is true: