Just So You Know, It's Okay To Start Over

Life won't always go as planned.

22
Unsplash

Just so you know, it's okay to start over...

Girl let me tell you, it is absolutely okay to start over. Let me guess you had your whole life planned out and you knew exactly what you wanted out of life... But like everything else in your life things changed. See the miss conception comes from people telling you to plan your life ahead of time.. but I can assure you my life did not go as planned.

You see my plan was to graduate from college, then be the assistant for a former head coach of mine for a year, and then get my CSCS (Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist) to be a personal trainer. Well let me tell you something God had other plans.. Coaching has become a big part of my life now, and I love every minute of it! I once had a coach tell me, "if being a personal trainer is what you want to do, then you need to get out now.. because the longer you stay the more attached you'll become. Once you fall in love with the game from the coaching side there is no going back youngin' " He was absolutely right!

As for my personal life well... let's just say I experienced some things that no woman should ever have to feel.

I'll start from the beginning.. I met this guy right after I moved back from college. Nice guy (so I thought), long story short he convinced me to go out with him. I'll pause the story for a second. A tip for the men, just because you asked her out on a date doesn't mean that you're dating. I made it very clear to him that I wasn't looking for anything serious, but if something serious happened then it would be something that happened on it's own. Long story short, we go on some more dates (still was not my boyfriend), and then towards the end of July things changed. We hung out one day went to the lake, had a argument on the way there nothing serious and that was it. Finished up the evening with dinner, again everything is fine and we had a great time (so I thought). I'd say 2-3 hours after we come back he text me wanting to argue all over again, but this time he destroyed me with on sentence.. "you were the one being unappreciative today". See I one of those women that will never forget what you say to me, whether it's good, bad or ugly. I don't forget. From that moment I stayed to myself, but the sad part was we worked in the field, so our paths crossed all the time. More words were used to destroy me after that (ex; you're stupid, difficult person, and etc) .. to the point where I stopped asking anyone for help because I felt as though I would my head bitten off for asking (because that's what he did to me before). I've never questioned my worth or who I am as a person in my entire life. Then someone from my past comes back into my life and no by no means did I tell him what went on with guy before (we all know how that would've ended). But needless to say I thank God everyday for allowing our paths to cross, although things are going with ease with us I'm extremely thankful for him. Most importantly I'm grateful to the guy who destroyed me (crazy right). Through the destruction God saw something more.. he saw growth. I've changed so much within this year it's not even funny.. literally. Thank God for growth and change!

So ya see not everything in life will go as planned.. sometimes you have to learn to enjoy the ride that the roller coaster of life takes you on.. through the tears,low self esteem, and etc. because in the end it will all be worth it, and you turn out to be a stronger woman in the end. GOD BLESS