Just Keep Living

Just Keep Living

When life throws you an unexpected curveball, or maybe two or three, we can't let them completely hinder our plans. We must overcome them to keep living our lives.

57
Man jumping.
EveryPixel- Pixabay

Sometimes, life works in mysterious ways. Some days we can feel like we are on top of the world, while on others, we feel like we are witnessing it crumble through our fingertips.

We all have good and bad days. However, when grimness seems to become more frequent, we must learn how to take back control. I am not advocating for 24/7 happiness because that is simply not feasible.

We need to learn how to channel our emotions into the things we love rather than negative thoughts about the things we dislike. We must learn to keep laughing, celebrating, and smiling, even when it seems like the last thing we want to do.

We have to remember that this is our life!

I feel that this lesson has become extremely prevalent for me during this past year. I have to admit, senior year of high school and transitioning into college was challenging. From accidentally working a full time job in high school, to waiting everyday until June if I got off the waitlist for UCLA, to completely changing my college plans in the matter of a couple days, to moving to LA to then move back home for quarantine, I have got to say it has been quite an unpredictable ride. However, I wouldn't want it to have gone any other way. I've learned that we can't wish time away when we are waiting for a tough period to pass, but we must learn to live in the moment.

I have learned that sooner or later, the time will go by and it won't stop to wait for you to catch up.

During this past year, I have forced myself to look at all the positives surrounding me. Somedays, all it would be is having a conversation with my mom. But as soon as I started to find things that made me happy in life, more became prevalent everyday. By wishing time away, we are missing out on every incredible little thing that is occurring around us.

With this time in quarantine, I have tried to maintain this mindset. With birthdays, Easter, Mother's Day, and graduations, it was a little easier to celebrate the accomplishments and life markers of my family. For me, I have to look at all of the incredible things that are still happening in order to not lose hope in the uncontrollable circumstances that cross my path. We will never get these moments back.

Whatever the circumstance is I promise that it will pass.

Each day you must try to find one thing that makes you feel full. Each life is precious and we have to enjoy each page of every chapter we are in. The hardest moments are the most valuable. Just keep living and you will make it through stronger than you were.