Jurassic World 2 Will Deal With Animal Abuse

What can go wrong with abusing dinosaurs?

39
HitFix

Jurassic World 2 is going to be huge. It already has a budget of $260 million, which would make it one of the most expensive films ever made. Jurassic World made a gross $1.6 billion worldwide, so it's safe to assume that Jurassic World 2 could make somewhere near that if not exceed it.

Jurassic World helped people feel a level of nostalgia for the first film, with the old main building, the Jeeps, and especially *spoiler alert* with the T-Rex from the the 1st Jurassic Park coming in to save the day. It also touched on American's greed for money. You had Verizon Wireless sponsor a dinosaur exhibit and Dr. Henry Wu escape with dinosaur DNA in the end to go sell it to other companies.

Jurassic World lightly touched on animal abuse especially when Hoskins wanted to use Velociraptors for military purposed. Chris Pratt's chracter Owen Grady had to tell Hoskins to treat the animals with respect, as Hoskins really only saw them as bags of cash with two legs.

Jurassic World 2 will be directed by J.A. Bayona (A Monster Calls). While Jurassic World director Colin Trevarrow will not be directing the sequel, he is still on the team as a co-writer, and had this to say about some issues that would be tackled in the upcoming sequel:

“The dinosaurs will be a parable of the treatment animals receive today: the abuse, medical experimentation, pets, having wild animals in zoos like prisons, the use the military has made of them, animals as weapons. The second part will be a very different movie that will explore new paths. For that reason, it was clear that it needed to be Bayona who would direct it, in order to have it grow and evolve with his very personal vision.”

Based off the ending of Jurassic World, it's safe to assume that after a few years, numerous companies and government agencies could have access to dinosaur DNA, if they haven't already cloned them already.

What's probably going to happen? Zoos will have dinosaurs, the military will have them, and some households across the nation will have them as well. Maybe we'll even see dog or cock fighting, but with dinosaurs. Everything will seem fine for a little bit, then all hell will break loose, and Chris Pratt will be called in to save the day. Maybe we'll even see a throwback to the incident in San Diego from Jurassic Park 2?

Or maybe everything will be fine. What could go wrong with abusing dinosaurs?

[via Screen Rant]