Junior Year: The Beginning Of An End

Junior Year: The Beginning Of An End

I'm Forever Grateful For Junior Year.

289
Junior Year: The Beginning Of An End
Indulgy

This past year has been.... interesting to say the very least. This year is dwindling down to the final few weeks and sooner or later I'll be starting my senior year. Junior year is known for its overloaded schedules, insane teachers and self proclaimed decisions. High school truly molds young adults into the people who represent society as millennials and junior year in particular is the most palpable point in a young person's life for change.

The most intimidating factor this past year has been the pressure to succeed. We were all pushed to take advanced placement classes, join more extracurricular clubs, and play sports, but it wasn't just academics this year. We balance our jobs, we begin to drive, and we are pressured with prom and our academics. Advanced classes and extracurricular activities extends skills young adults need to prepare for college life and a future career. The late night studying and practices not only show effort towards a desired goal, but also acknowledges that results do come from hard work. I thrived and learned my learning abilities were far greater, than I could've ever imagined. So even though sometimes my grades made me feel like I should just drop out, I remember all the effort I put into it and I'm hopeful that great rewards will come from that. Going off of my previous statements, this year was a tough one, but one that I'm grateful for just the same. I've learned that it's not the end of the world to be unsure or scared of the future, but that I can handle it because I have great plans for my life.

In the beginning of this year, I wasn't in the best place with who I was and who I was friends with. It felt like everything was falling apart. Contrary to my belief, junior year was in shambles and at times still is. As this year is coming to a close, I feel my friends that I have made and kept are going to last a lifetime. I let go of some of the friendships I was holding on to too tight and had too much hope for, and I've been happier ever since. Ive learned this year, that all the negative thoughts and people that are in my life can't stay. Surrounding myself with positive thoughts and people are the only way to live happily. My friends helped me get through everything and more this year, and I really hope they know how much I appreciate them. I hope they never change and always stay the same wonderful people that they are. They pushed me and helped me see that I truly can succeed. Actually, we pushed each other, we made bets and fought for each other, to help mold us into the best possible students and young adults. My friends pushed me to succeed and really showed me my potential, as it was starting to lesson because of where I was with people. My friends truly are one of my favorite parts of school.

This year has been one of the toughest of my life so far, and I know it will only get tougher, but I know I can get through anything, as long as I stay true to myself, and have my friends and family for support. I'm ending this year with okay grades, but many lessons learned. Lessons that I will hold and carry for the rest of my life.