Junior College is Still College

As graduation season is in full swing I feel the need to talk about school. Particularly schools known as Junior College or Community College. People attend Community College for a number of reasons; to get sixty credits to join a civil service union, to continue education after high school, returning to complete a degree, certificate courses, and most importantly to attend a school where it is extremely affordable.

Let's face it, you need a college degree in today's society to get a good job someplace. College degrees are more common now than at any other time in history. Let's not forget to mention the price of tuition which can reach upwards of $40,000 a semester. Community Colleges offer an affordable way to earn your first 60 credits. They also hire professors from nearby senior colleges (some professors may even travel from out of state to teach at a community college). These professors are the hidden gems of Community College, they usually don't water down the work or in other words, they teach the same classes with the same work as they do in their other school. The only exception may be that the semester is shorter.

The transition into college isn't always easy and Community Colleges lighten the load. It most often means you won't be dorming (while some people do dorm for Community College) so you'll be living at home which is always comforting. If you're into it, you can always join the sororities or fraternities at the nearby senior colleges. Just like at senior colleges they offer job opportunities such as internships or on-campus jobs.

Fun fact about Community Colleges, they once offered four-year degrees. Some of them still might, a quick and easy web search can tell you if your Community College offers senior college level courses and if you can complete your degree there. That would be a super cheap way of achieving a bachelor's degree.

Community Colleges allow youngsters to grow up when they come out of high school. Some of us after four years of high school are still a little jagged-edged and need more time to refine ourselves. It allows the maturing of its students while giving them the college level atmosphere. While yes it is still college work, it is not the same rigorous work as four-year schools. However, it isn't exactly a cake walk so to speak, because hey college is still college. Community College or four-year college.

With more jobs requiring college degrees and the price of tuition on the rise, Community College is an affordable way of completing your first half of your bachelor's degree. Not to mention there are people who are returning to college after taking years off who sometimes offer a helping hand. Whatever your reason for going to Community College you can be certain your receiving top quality education.