Jubliee On YouTube Asks All The Tough Questions

Jubliee On YouTube Asks All The Tough Questions We All Want Answered

Sometimes we need to hear the other side of the argument to understand ourselves even better.

205
Jubliee / YouTube

With trolls, cancel culture, and the general war-zone that is Twitter, it can sometimes feel dangerous to share an opinion. I remember going to a book reading about conflict in this age and I immediately realize that there's conflict in many of our lives, even if you didn't know.

I've always been a person to write off mean comments on my looks or "my questionable choices", but I've seen that the cruel words of an anonymous troll can turn someone into an argumentative monster. Nowadays, it seems impossible to have a productive conversation on any big issue, especially in the world of social media. However, not for this channel.

Jubilee is a YouTube channel that promotes conversation with so many different shows filled with deep content that honestly can be quite inspiring. One example and the inspiration behind this article is their show called "Middle Ground".

"Middle Ground" is a show where two sides of a specific topic, for example, feminists and non-feminists, will talk around topics and have prompted statements to guide them. They start on opposite sides of the room with a circle in the center. If the prompt applied to them, the person would come and sit in a circle and discuss what that prompt means to them.

The reason why I find this channel and this series so great is because it emphasizes something that seems lost in the world, especially on social media: conversation. Clear conversation, not ones filled with yelling or trying to "win", but actually trying to understand one another. There's something powerful about this type of dialogue, especially coming from polarized sides. Yet in a world where we live in constant competition to have the most likes or the most followers, it's no longer what you're saying, but how many people hear it. There's so much more value in a conversation, a productive communication. That's why I say everyone should check out Jubilee. To be inspired to share and to be inspired to learn.