The Joy Of Driving Late At Night

The Joy Of Driving Late At Night

For all the night owls out there, this is something to enjoy at night.

80
The Joy Of Driving Late At Night
ebubble.com

Night time is typically associated with danger and warnings. Usually, it's never thought of as a time of comfort, freedom and power. Those are the feelings that I have while driving at night with my radio playing my favorite song.

The best part about driving at night is all the space you have to yourself on the road. Miles of open road all to yourself is something that you cannot experience in 7 'o clock traffic or noon traffic. Not even in the evening are you safe from traffic. When you're driving late at night, you don't have to worry about stopping each second. The road is yours! The lights also stay green the majority of the time. If they do turn red, it won't keep you stopped for long. Having this time to myself on the road is a comforting feeling since it truly makes me feel alone. And in a world that wants to be connected 24/7, it's good to get some alone time to be yourself and sing.

Singing is something that everyone wants to enjoy but rarely has the time to. Nobody wants to bust out singing the chorus to "Hello" by Adele on the side of the street. That’ll result in cringe worthy awkwardness. But in the comfort of your own car, everyone can find their inner musician. And with your voice melding into the melodies of the song, you start to think you actually sound good. I know I thought that while I was singing to the top of my lungs "The Phoenix" by Fallout Boy. Since I rarely get to sing without the fear of someone over hearing, singing in my car has become a very euphoric feeling. Especially the rush of the song. It just makes me want to sing louder and drive faster.

Speeding is such a taboo action. With all the speed limits, speeding tickets, etc, nobody wants people to drive fast, but it's such a fun feeling. Even without the feel of wind flowing through my hair, driving fast just makes me feel so powerful. For just a moment in time I can break limits. I have complete control. Even if it's just ten miles over the speed limit, it still was worth experiencing. If you're ever going to do this, then be careful of yourself and others.

If you ever have any expendable gas or find yourself driving back home at night then trust me, you'll enjoy the ride. Put on your favorite tunes, sing your heart out and speed your worries away. In this moment of time, you own the world.