25 Journal Prompts For Stress And Anxiety

18. What is one thing you are scared to do, and how can you overcome it?

30342

When we hear the word 'journal' I think most of us are brought back to our elementary school days and remember all of our "dear diary" moments. However, journaling has a lot of benefits, but it can be hard to start, especially if you don't have a specific reason for why you are journaling. One of the best things about it is that it is a great way to relieve stress and anxiety. Sometimes just the act of writing your thoughts out can help you feel relief. If you are contemplating starting a journal, here are 25 prompts to help you out!

1. How do you want to feel when you wake up in the morning?

2. List five good things about today.

3. What are some of your values in life?

4. Did you feel stressed or anxious today? If so, what triggered that feeling, and what did you do to overcome it?

5. What is one thing you can improve on (time management, communication, etc.), and how can you do this?

6. What is one adjustment you would like to make to your morning routine?

7. What is one adjustment you would like to make to your nighttime routine?

8. What is one thing you need to let go of?

9. Make a list of twenty things that make you happy.

10. Write down the lyrics to a song that makes you happy. What is it about this song that makes you feel this way?

11. What is one place you would love to travel to and why?

12. Have you been exercising patience with others? If not, how can you?

13. What is a new skill that you would like to earn and how can you learn it?

14. Are there any areas of your life that can be more organized? How can you accomplish this? What can you do to prevent disorganization in the future?

15. What is one long-term goal you wish to work towards?

16. Draw a picture of something that makes you happy. Write about the picture.

17. What steps have you taken towards a goal of yours (short or long-term)? If you haven't taken any, what steps could you be taking to work towards it?

19. How can I be more mindful of others?

20. Was today a difficult day? If so, what made it difficult and what can you do to prevent from having days like this in the future?

21. What is one problem you had today, and what was your solution to this problem? Was is the best way you could have handled it?

22. Are you taking time to care for yourself? Do you allow yourself time to relax and breathe? If the answer is no, what can you do to give yourself this time?

23. Think about a past mistake you made. What did you learn from the experience and how can it be applied to your future?

24. Write about something that you are scared of.

25. Write a letter to your future self.

I hope these prompts can help you. Happy journaling!