This One's For You, Jord

This One's For You, Jord

Happiest of birthday's to one of the people who makes me my happiest

31
This One's For You,  Jord

For those of you who don't know the story, Jordan and I met on the first day of college. He and I were both blessed with forced triples in one of the smaller dorms on campus, and we wouldn't have traded it for the world. Before any of the upperclassmen had moved into on-campus housing, all of us new comers were expected to find something to do. While all other freshman went out and cleared the dorms, we were strategic, we hung back to gain a better idea of the lay of the land. After taking the time to move a pool table from the downstairs lounge to the upstairs lounge, we decided on a soccer game with a few of the people who had helped move us in. We went to the soccer game and he asked for my phone... after about 40 seconds of sitting at the game I was already following him on Instagram, classic.

Jordan,

This week you are leaving your teenage years behind you and welcoming the rest of your life to come. This here fact absolutely blows my mind. No, I am not baffled because you are turning 20, I am baffled because you are not already there. This baffles me because since I met you, you have been a mature voice in my life holding my hand through some shitty times. You have been my peace of mind even when you may have not even realized just how much you are helping. Thank you Jord, Happy Birthday, this one is for you.

Some people are lucky enough to meet their college best friends the first month of college. I was lucky to meet my best friend from college within the first couple hours of stepping onto campus. So quickly you became my go to. You remained patient when I used you as a pillow, stole your fries, and drew attention to you by snoring when I fell asleep in class. You were the sturdiest rock and you have remained that way unconditionally, so thank you.

Your presence in my life as someone to go to when I need more than a superficial conversation has become so valuable to my sanity here. Being away from home is so much easier knowing I have a friend like you on campus who will escape with me for a little while. You tell me when I am being ridiculous, when I need to fix my outfit, when I need to reign in my psycho, when I am wrong, and most importantly, when I am right ;-).

No present for your birthday would quite do you and our friendship justice. We have evolved from floor mates, to dance partners, to partners in crime, to absolute goons, to so much more than just two college students kickin' it. The conversations and fun we have expand my knowledge, my perspective, and my love for you and our friendship... all while depleting my bank account.

As you leave next semester, to go abroad and to find a life overseas, I am going to miss you like crazy. I joke that I hate you all because you are leaving me... but at the end of the day the truth is that I am so proud of you. My confidence in our friendship could climb mountains... and for that, I am forever grateful. Speaking of climbing mountains... if we go on a hike today, "No child left behind" can be something we forget about, I'll see you back at the bottom in a few hours. Love you endlessly, dork.

HBD shithead.

Best,

Mandrea

PS: I hope you enjoy this horrific photo montage: