Evolution of Jonas Brothers

The Evolution Of The Jonas Brothers

Fangirls, lets rewind to 2005 and reminisce.

117
The Evolution Of The Jonas Brothers
https://www.eonline.com/news/1019668/the-jonas-brothers-are-back-and-better-than-ever-with-new-song-sucker

The Jonas Brothers shocked every young adult girl with their recent announcement that the "tables had turned" and they decided to get the band back together after their six year hiatus. It seems like forever ago when we were jamming out to their songs and rewatching Camp Rock over and over again (unless you're like me and still do that now). After the release of their new song "Sucker", I have been doing a lot of reminiscing on my elementary and middle school years of being a JoBros fan. Let's rewind to 2005 and take a look at what we would have been obsessing over in the years of the Jonas Brothers.

2005-2007

https://weheartit.com/entry/31294338

2005 was the year the band got signed to their label and started making music. At the time, Nick Jonas, the youngest brother in the band, was only 13 years old! They went on tour with the Cheetah Girls and Aly and AJ (throwback x2!) to make a name for themselves. Their first album made in 2006, titled It's About Time, features a few songs, including the popular song they covered called "Year 3000" and a song featured in Nickelodeon's Zoey 101 called "Mandy". Columbia Records released it as a limited time album and eventually dropped the band. During this time period, Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus began dating as well, leading to even more future collaborations.

2007-2008

https://www.sweetyhigh.com/read/music-band-favorite-meet-thoughts-101817

Personally, I think 2007-2008 was the JoBros' prime year. The Jonas Brothers were back after signing a new label with Hollywood Records in 2007. They were seen in the commercials for Baby Bottle Pops singing the jingle and increasingly became more popular. They released their self-titled album, Jonas Brothers, which featured some of my personal favorites including a re-release of "Year 3000", "SOS", "Hold On", "That's Just the Way We Roll", "Kids of the Future", and "When You Look Me in the Eyes."

This is also the year that they appeared on Disney Channel's Hannah Montana in the episode "Me and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas", where Hannah Montana collaborates with them on a song called "We Got the Party with Us", and befriends Billy Ray. Look at that hair...and the outfits! I think anyone who watched Hannah Montana can agree that this was one of the best guest appearances in the show. They also were featured in the Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert for her tour movie and opened for her during the tour. I personally love this era of the Jonas Brothers, because it was my first concert!

2008-2009

hollywoodlife.com

The boys' hair got longer as they got more and more opportunities for tours, acting, and music. Their third album, A Little Bit Longer, was released including one of my favorites, "Burnin' Up". This is also the year that the band featured on the Disney Channel Original Movie, Camp Rock, with Demi Lovato and made more music on the movie's soundtrack with Demi. The romance between Joe and Demi caused a lot of Disney fans to ooh and ahh over their short-lived relationship. The JoBros were on their own tour and filmed the Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience, which I remember going to see in the movie theater with my friends to pretend we were actually there. They also released their live songs. In addition the boys had been nominated for a Grammy and appeared on SNL during this time.

To cap off this busy year, the Jonas Brothers announced an upcoming World Tour and filmed the first season of their Disney Channel show, Jonas (later named Jonas LA). The show only lasted a few seasons, but they made soundtracks that went along with the show.

2009-2011

The fourth album came out titled Lines, Vines and Trying Times featuring the singles "Paranoid" and "Fly with Me". If you were a Disney Channel fan, you may remember the Jonas Brothers featured in the Friends for Change campaign with the song "Send it On", featuring the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez (basically my childhood dream team). Disney Channel's Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam came out with even more hits. At this point, the band was definitely taking advantage of their Disney Channel fans.

2012-2013

http://www.eonline.com/watch/married-to-jonas

The Jonas brothers were not as busy and started to fizzle out after Hollywood Records dropped the band. Meanwhile, Kevin announced he was getting married and later came out with the E! reality show, Married to Jonas. Although I remember watching some of the episodes, let's be real - Kevin was the least significant to teenage girls and I started to move on. At this point, the band was still hinting at the release of their fifth album, V. They went on a few live tours and released a few singles. Unfortunately for fans, they announced the cancellation of the album and their split in October 2013. With Kevin married and planning to have children, it seemed that it was likely the band wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.

2013-2019

During the gap between their break up and the reunion, Nick, Joe, and Kevin all stayed pretty busy and relevant.

Nick definitely stayed busy, first working with Demi Lovato on her tours and either co-headlining or musically producing them behind the scenes. Of course, he also created his own music starting in 2014 that did very well, including his songs "Jealous", "Chains", and "Close". He also did some acting, including Jumanji in 2017 and guest appearing in some other shows and movies. Nick made his way on to the Sexiest Man Alive list in 2015 (well deserved) and continued to stay relevant despite the fall of the Jonas Brothers. Many people also loved following his engagement and marriage to Priyanka Chopra in 2018.

Joe continued to make music as the lead vocalist of DNCE who released a few hit singles in the last few years. He also appeared in a few shows and movies while he was not in the band. He is now engaged to Sophie Turner.

Kevin Jonas was living the dad life during the gap. He and his wife, Danielle, had 2 daughters Alena and Valentina.

2019

http://www.shineon-media.com/2019/02/28/jonas-brothers-give-the-ultimate-tbt-recreating-their-oh-how-the-tables-have-turned-video/

Fast forward to now, 2019. I was in elementary school when the Jonas Brothers first came out and now as an almost 20 year old college student, I can say that I almost cried tears of joy with my roommates about the news. Of course, I still will pull up their hits with my friends to jam out in the car, but I was not expecting a reunion until the rumors started. The best part was, the announcement of the reunion revealed their single, "Sucker", would release almost right away! I'm not sure about you but the song is super catchy and I loved how they incorporated their wives and fiances in the music video.

A lot of people bring up that this is the perfect way for the band to make more money by sucking back in their fans and appealing to younger kids who already know Nick from his solo album and Joe from DNCE. So what if this is the case? To me, it seems like a pretty smart move. Why wouldn't they have a reunion and enjoy spending time together while reminiscing with their old fans and making money doing so?

I am super excited to see what else they release. What if they collaborate with some current artists? What if they have a song with one of their old Disney Channel collaborations like Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato? No matter what happens, I am just glad we don't have to wait until the Year 3000 for their next album. And you best believe I will be one of the fans in their audience if they decide to go back on tour.

For now, I am going to keep listening to their old albums and new song so that I can be prepared for my second Jonas Brothers concert. : )