9 Reasons Recruitment At A Co-ed Business Fraternity Is A Thing Of Beauty

Our work will incur the joy of initiating a new class of talented, intelligent and kind business majors.

208
Jamie Fortin

As Senior Vice President of Delta Sigma Pi, a co-ed professional business fraternity, I am honored with the opportunity to lead the recruitment process alongside my talented assistant, who just happens to be one of my two favorite grand-littles. This process has been stressful for both of us; we've put in countless hours into something that often reaps very little personal benefit.

Nevertheless, we persevere in hope that our work will incur the joy of initiating a new class of talented, intelligent and kind business majors in a few months. Here are the things that make the stress worth it.

1. Chapter participation

'Tis the season! While Christmas is the time when family from around the country comes together, recruitment is that opportunity for your fraternity family. This semester we hosted an alumni panel, meaning that collegiate and alumni members alike came together to welcome a new class of potential new members!

2. Bragging about my family

Every time you meet a potential new member, you have the opportunity to brag a little more, not only about your Brotherhood as a whole, but your family tree! I love the strong, talented women in my Deltasig fam, and I'll take every opportunity to tell people how great they are.

3. Dreaming of your organization's potential

Especially as a senior, I have huge dreams and aspirations for the future of my university's Deltasig chapter. Spending time with someone who could be in my shoes in a couple years is so exciting!

4. Picking out the next generation of your family

As you have probably already guessed, I LOVE my Delta Sig fam. Meeting new, excited recruits gives me the chance to help my Great Grand Little pick out who she wants to be our legacy!

5. Learning about your organization

Every semester I overhear an older member telling a potential new member some fact about the fraternity that I've never heard before. Pro Tip: If you go on a tour of your university's campus, you'll learn a lot of things you didn't know about it!

6. Watching newer members step up to the plate

It has been so fun seeing new members get more involved in recruitment. Whether they're in leadership positions or just helping out, the newer members give me hope for the fraternity's future.

7. Voting meeting!

You get to hear the best and the worst about everyone. It's an incredible experience to come together as a chapter and make decisions that will impact the fraternity for the next four years!

8. Invitations

I love handing out invitations and seeing the look on PNM faces when they realize we voted them into our family.

9. Remembering why we chose our organization

Talking to potential new members reminds current members of why they decided to go with what they did; you'd be surprised by how much you take for granted!