Yes, my friends, it is that time of year again. Finals season is upon us, and oh boy, is it as stressful as ever. There's a billion essays to write, information to cram, and sleepless nights to suffer through. Someone who understands this struggle perfectly is John Mulaney. He's been to college, and while he had no idea what it was, he definitely had to go through finals. Here are some of the moments when John Mulaney best understood a student's struggle in college. And once you survive finals, maybe you should reward yourself by watching one of his Netflix specials.
1. When you're out of money, and you have to make *that* phone call to your parents.
It's been a long semester, after all, and I still need money to eat! I promise I'll pay you back!
2. When you assure your friends that you *definitely* got enough sleep last night.
"Oh yeah, I totally slept enough last night."-You, a liar who's only slept for four hours over the last two days.
3. But they still know you're not getting any sleep at all.
Your friends will almost always be able to see right through you, so don't even try lying to them about this. Just get some sleep so you can stop burning the candle at both ends.
4. When you're just so done with the semester you don't even know what you're doing anymore.
You're so tired you can barely process the words you're writing, let alone understand the entire purpose of attending a university.
5. When you come up with the best plan ever to be productive, but you just end up binging Netflix for five hours.
One minute you're color-coordinating your planner, next thing you know you're four seasons deep into your eighth time of watching "The Office".
6. When you see the perfect study spot in the library with a comfy chair and an outlet for your laptop charger.
At this point, you don't care if you have to run people over. This spot is the most important thing right now!
7. When your professors assign you three papers, two presentations, and exams for every class on top of that.
Why are you doing this to us? Can't you tell we have a billion other things to do?
8. When your friends are joking with you because they're already done with their finals.
Look, we know you're celebrating, just don't do rub it in our faces, okay?
9. When you're cramming an entire semester's material in one night for an exam that's the next day.
At this point, we're just going to do our best, and that's all that matters.
10. When finals are finally over, and everyone on campus is celebrating.
And what a liberation it is, John. What a liberation it is.