10 of John Mayer's Best Songs

10 of John Mayer's Best Songs

Some John Mayer for whatever mood you're in

177
10 of John Mayer's Best Songs
Complex

In honor of John Mayer's birthday this week, I've been listening to probably too much of his music (if that even is possible.) He is one of those artists I could never get tired of, no matter how hard I try. He has sad music, sappy music, and feel good music. The man can make any music for whatever mood you're in or what to be in. This week, my love for him has been rekindled. So in honor of him and his music, I made a list of songs everyone should listen to by the great John Mayer:

1. My Stupid Mouth

"I'm never speaking up again. It only hurts me. I'd rather be a mystery."

2. Emoji of a Wave

"Your heart is where my head should be. The dissonance is killing me."

3. Shadow Days

"I'm a good man with a good heart, had a tough time, had a rough start but I finally learned to let it go."

4. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room

"I was the one you always dreamed of. You were the one I tried to draw. How dare you say it's nothing to me. Baby, you're the only light I ever saw."

5. Never on the Day You Leave

"You'll hear an old familiar sound and hope it's her when you turn around. But never, never on the day you leave."

6. Something Like Olivia

"But if Olivia herself rolled up my door. I'd have to say I'd let her in."

7. In The Blood

"And what about this feeling that I'm never good enough? Will it wash out in the water, or is it always in the blood?"

8. Daughters

"And I've done all I can to stand on her steps with my heart in my hand."

9. Dreaming With a Broken Heart

"Now do I have to fall asleep with roses in my hand?"

10. Waiting on the World to Change

"Now we see everything that's going wrong with the world and those who lead it. We just feel like we don't have the means to rise above and beat it"