A College Senior's Final First Week Thoughts As Told By Joe Goldberg

Hello there. Who are you? Based on the course load, spring semester. Your first week of classes end early, yet fill me with stress. You have different sides to you. I want to experience all of those sides. You like to make the seniors feel nostalgic, reminding us all that this blissfully strained existence on a college campus is quickly coming to an end. Do you want to help me or hurt me? I have to know. Good thing I have all semester to figure you out. Your mediocre meals and vending machine Starbucks triple-shots fuel my motivation. Yet your thirsty Thursdays allow me to experience a short-lived sense of ferocious freedom. Regardless of how hungover I will be Friday morning, I still have to attend class. It's like you have me on a leash. I guess I'll have to deal with it for now. I'll see you in the morning, You.

Looking at how busy your last semester schedule is like...

Giphy.com

When you are receiving constant class notifications...

Giphy.com

Trying to motivate yourself to do work by saying...

Giphy.com

Then distracting yourself from homework by posting on social media.

Giphy.com

Passing people you recognize from freshman year but have no recollection of who they are.

Giphy.com

Realizing that you got a 100% on your open note ​syllabus quiz...

Giphy.com

and then proceeding to treat yourself as a reward...

Giphy.com

to then realize that you don't have the money to treat yourself...

Giphy.com

but continue to do it anyway.

Giphy.com

Trying to motivate yourself to stay in your classes and graduate by saying...

Giphy.com

then realizing that after this semester, college is over.

Giphy.com

Starting off your thirsty Thursday at 7 pm like...

Giphy.com

and then wondering why your friend looks like this by 11 pm.

Giphy.com

How you're feeling when you go to bed that night with the spinnies.

Giphy.com

Waking up on Friday morning at 10 am like...

Giphy.com

and rushing to your class that starts at 10:10.

Giphy.com

How you sit in the back of the classroom pretending like you're not hungover...

Giphy.com

and your internal rage when your teacher calls you out on it.

Giphy.com

Trying to find your future knowing you're graduating in a few months.

Giphy.com

Finally realizing that its your very last semester so you have to make it the best one yet.

Giphy.com

So with all that's said and done, you very well might be the best thing to ever happen to me. I am infatuated with you. I am obsessed with you. I gotta soak you up before you slip through the cracks of my fingers. Because soon, love, you will be in the past.