10 Reasons Why I Am Voting For Joe Biden

At the end of the day, the most important thing is to exercise your right to vote. This is my reasoning behind why I decided to vote for Joe Biden.

426
https://unsplash.com/photos/ls8Kc0P9hAA?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditShareLink

The 2020 election is one that is going to go down in the history books. The stakes are very high for both candidates and both sides of the political spectrum. Every election makes a change, but this is one that will be monumental for the lives of many Americans. After looking at both candidates, and the past four years under the presidency of Donald Trump, I believe that Joe Biden is the best choice for the future of our country. These are purely my opinions, but here is why I voted for Joe Biden.

1) He supports raising the federal minimum wage.

In so many states, the cost of living is way higher than what the minimum wage represents. By raising the federal minimum wage, it would ensure that every American is equipped and able to make a living wage.

2) He supports the Affordable Care Act.

Biden sees that the ACA, put into place by President Obama is an important staple in the lives of many Americans, providing a public form of health care. President Trump regularly attacks the ACA and fights to get it revoked.

3) He will choose a Supreme Court Justice who represents my beliefs.

If Biden wins the election and Trump is unable to nominate a Supreme Court Justice before then, the nomination will fall into the hands of Biden. Biden would then choose someone who represents my values and morals, which will affect the country for decades to come.

4) He supports the decriminalization of recreational marijuana

Our jails are overcrowded, and in some cases, people are sent away for years due to marijuana charges. In my eyes, there is no reason for recreational marijuana to be a crime, especially compared to all of the other crimes that exist.

5) He believes that climate change is real and due to human action.

"Believing" in science was always something pretty normal in my life, but as I have grown older I have learned that many adults choose to not believe in the facts and evidence in front of them. Biden sees the urgent issue that climate change is imposing on our Earth, and he will fight for legislation to help our situation.

6) He does not support the treatment that is being seen at border facilities.

Over the past four years, there have been many deaths at border facilities and many families torn apart. Biden sees this as an unacceptable way to treat humans and will work on revising this system in order for immigrants to be able to seek asylum and work towards citizenship.

7) He would reverse the transgender military ban. 

In recent years, there has been a ban placed on transgender men and women from joining the military. Biden sees this as what it is, blind ignorance towards the unknown, and would reverse this ban that is rooted in hatred.

8) He supports the federal assault weapons ban.

The United States has been in a crisis over the past decade, this crisis coming from the unregulated use of assault weapons due to our Second Amendment Rights. Biden recognizes this crisis and understands that legislation must be passed that will decrease America's gun violence rates.

9) He supports the funding of Planned Parenthood overall women’s rights to choose.

Planned Parenthood is an organization that is so much more than abortions. They help women get set up with birth control, STD tests, and countless other services. To simply defund them from a pro-life standpoint will harm the lives of many American women who depend on the organization. Additionally, Biden recognizes that the right for a woman to choose what is best for her life should not be handled by the government.

​10) Joe Biden believes in universal basic human rights.

At the end of the day, my vote goes to Biden because he has clear empathy for the human experience. He takes care of people. No legislation he passes will purposely harm any group of Americans or discriminate against them. Nothing he does will be done to purposely alienate any groups of people who are typically our most vulnerable. He fights for the rights of those whose voices are often silenced. At the end of the day, a person is a person, and Biden recognizes that we need equity and equality for all, and the empathy he has shown through his career and campaign proves to me, that he is our best choice for President.