Here’s The Top Ten Reasons To Vote For Joe Biden

Reason Number Two Might Surprise You!

14048
Matt Slocum/Associated Press

Joe Biden is a true American patriot and the best candidate for President in 2020. However, some people still need convincing reasons to make him their top choice for the highest office in the land. So, here are the top ten reasons to vote for Joe Biden in 2020.

He’s not Trump.

The Hill

Let's not kid ourselves, we all know this is one of Joe's best qualities. Everything that Trump is, Joe is not. Biden's focus on healing a divided nation and combatting modern crises as a truly united nation stands in stark contrast to Trump's goal of creating fear and division within the US in hopes of maintaining his weak grasp on power. Biden, unlike Trump, won't allow foreign adversaries to meddle in our elections or put bounties on the heads of our troops and he wouldn't abuse the justice system in order to give his friends free passes from serving jail time for committing federal crimes. Trump is one of the most corrupt Presidents in American history, and that isn't a purely Democratic opinion. Republicans like Mitt Romney have also expressed their disgust with Trump's ties to Russia and his abuse of the justice system. Biden understands the problematic nature of Trump's relationship with Russia and won't stand for Putin walking all over our democracy and our troops. Perhaps the biggest contrast though is that Biden's campaign message differs in almost every way from Trump's. For more on this, see reason number five.

His climate plan is awesome!

k/west@Shutterstock.com

Biden was criticized in the Democratic primary process as not taking enough initiative on the issue of climate change. So, after gaining the presumptive nomination he did what any good leader does-listen. He formed a coalition of moderate and liberal democrats (including Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) to help craft a climate plan that is both attainable and bold enough to make a real dent in the significant issue that is climate change. You can read his full plan on climate change here.

He has a wealth of experience.

fee.org

Joe Biden has a ton of experience both as a legislator and as an executive. Besides serving as Vice President for 8 years, Joe was also one of the youngest Senators ever elected to Congress at only 30 years old. This gives him a leg up over Trump who has proven just how detrimental a lack of knowledge about government can be by his blatant mishandling of the coronavirus outbreak. In addition to his experience in government, Biden is also experienced in something hundreds of thousands of Americans are forced to endure right now: loss. Biden lost his wife and daughter in a car accident when they were hit by a semi truck while Christmas shopping. Years later his son Beau, an Iraq war veteran, was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Biden has experienced loss that very few others have endured in their lives, however with the coronavirus ravaging communities and killing thousands of people every day, more and more people are now in a similar position that Joe has been in so many times before in his life. Biden has the compassion and ability to empathize with Americans who have lost loved ones due to Trump's mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic while Trump continues to congratulate himself on a job well done, tout his great victory over the "invisible enemy", and complain that the numbers of cases are making him look bad. All the while, death rates, hospitalizations, and infection rates continue to climb. Joe Biden is the only candidate who recognizes that these are not just numbers, but are human lives with equal importance as the tragic lost lives of his wife and children. Biden's experience makes him a clearly superior candidate to Trump in 2020.

He has an actionable economic recovery plan.

USNews.com

One of the biggest tools that Biden has on his belt going into the 2020 election is his ability to rebuild an economy. In 2008 the United States entered a recession caused by years of unchecked economic growth under Republican leadership. Biden helped to oversee an economic recovery then, and he can help fix Trump's mess of an economy now by encouraging products to be made bought and sold right here in the USA, and creating brand new jobs by creating a booming clean energy sector. You can read more about Biden's Build Back Better plan here.

His campaign message is refreshing.

joebiden.com

Joe Biden's campaign message is one of unity and togetherness not division and hatred. Today's political climate has been curated by Donald Trump and his desires to pit the best of us against each other for his own political gain. I for one am sick of seeing hate spread like wildfire on social media and racist terms like "Kung flu" being thrown around without consequence by Donald Trump. The man who is supposed to be the leader of the free world has built his campaign on the division of the American people by focusing on demonizing immigrants, building walls, and putting children in cages as a central message for his base of voters. Joe Biden will seek to heal the racial divides that Trump continues to exploit for his own gain and will fight for the rights of all Americans regardless of whether they're a Democrat or Republican, white black or brown, gay or straight, man or woman. That's a version of America that hasn't been seen in a long time and one that I think people of all party affiliations are ready to see again.

He has an education plan that works for everyone.

ISTOCKPHOTO.COM/ROMOLOTAVANI

Biden's plan for education in the US is more important to look at now than ever. Biden's plan addresses questions regarding school reopenings and how student loan debt will be paid off in the absence of jobs for many Americans and more, contrasting with Trump's lack of clarity and messaging about how education should move forward in the United States. Biden's plan for higher education is also superior to Trump's as it provides financial relief for students who need it most while also ensuring the government isn't paying for the education of the children of millionaires and billionaires. You can read more about his K-12 education plan here and his higher education plan here.

No, he’s not senile.

Lyne Lucien

I see this concern a lot on social media and it's something I feel should be addressed. Most people can see Biden struggling to finish saying a word or phrase or pausing for some time in the middle of his sentences. What most people don't know is that Joe Biden has had a stutter his entire life. When he stops in the middle of what he's saying this is not him displaying any sign of mental incapacity. Instead, he's trying to recover his speech rhythm so he can avoid stuttering. Additionally, if the ability to complete a sentence is a criteria that people are using to justify voting for Trump over Biden they might want to do some reflective thinking about Trump's own abilities to speak ("despite the negative press covfefe" anyone?). Either way, Biden's ability to overcome his stutter even as he speaks to a live audience of millions of people shows his mental strength, not weakness as some of his opponents would lead you to believe.

And no, he’s not too old.

nytimes.com

I'm not gonna lie, Biden is a pretty old dude. But did you know he's only a couple years older than Trump himself? Maybe it's the fact that Joe is in good physical condition and doesn't have a bunch of fat to hide his facial wrinkles, or maybe it's the fact that he doesn't dye his hair that causes him to actually look his age, but a quick google search will tell you that the age of the two candidates for President is actually only three years apart which really is a negligible difference. Add to that Biden's years of government experience compared to Trump's continued ignorance, and I would argue that anyone who says Biden is too old to be President is fighting a losing battle.

He’ll listen to scientists.

nbcnews.com

It's hard to believe that this is a divisive issue between the Democratic and Republican candidates for President, but Trump's refusal to heed the advice of his very own scientists and researchers has led to the deaths of over 135,000 Americans and to the politicization of listening to scientific facts and logic. Instead of promoting unproven and dangerous treatments like hydroxychloroquine and injecting disinfectants into the body, Biden will listen to the experts even if their advice goes against what he thinks would make him look best. He won't hold political rallies if scientists and experts tell him it will be dangerous and he won't spend his time making a political statement out of refusing to wear a mask that would otherwise protect others from a deadly virus. Biden's openness to listening to the advice of scientists makes him a clear choice for President as opposed to Trump who continues to refute the advice of those experts who know much more than he does.

He’ll appoint the next leaders of our nation.

Evan Vucci/Associated Press

Unfortunately it's unlikely that Supreme Court justices like Ruth Bader Ginsburg will remain on the Court for the next four years, so it's important to vote for Biden so that he can appoint a Supreme Court justice that is loyal to the Constitution, not to one candidate or political party like Trump has done with his past two appointments to the Supreme Court. In voting for Biden, you aren't just voting for one person in one office, you're voting for the next Supreme Court appointments, the next secretary of education, the next Vice President, and so many other individuals who will help Biden paint a brighter picture of America. If you're sick of seeing the President fire everyone around him who disagrees with him, creating an echo chamber of bad ideas and a vacuum of legitimate leadership, Biden is the best candidate for you.

So did I convince you to vote for Biden? While there's no such thing as a perfect candidate for every American, based on the information I've shared above I think it's abundantly obvious that Joe Biden is the best candidate for the unique time that we are in as a nation. A pandemic is currently ravaging our nation, race relations continue to worsen, and the economy now faces the biggest uphill climb it has seen since the Great Depression. Joe Biden is the candidate who can tackle these issues and build this country back better than it was before. Please register to vote if you haven't already and remember to vote Biden 2020!