What To Expect During HallowHomecoming At JMU
Life Stages

A Play-By-Play Of What To Expect For JMU's Hallow-Homecoming Weekend

Allow me to give you a (pretty) accurate play-by-play.

2644

October is a busy month. Between midterms and being basic with all your gal pals at the apple orchard, it's safe to say that the fun and the stress are about equal. To round up this spooky month is everyone's favorite holiday: Halloween. At JMU, this gives every girl a fair excuse to go out in fishnet leggings and enough glitter to make Kesha look tame. It also means that Homecoming Weekend is upon us, traditionally falling on the weekend of Halloween which makes it even more exciting! As a senior who's seen it all, allow me to give you a pretty accurate play-by-play of what to expect at a JMU Hallow-Homecoming weekend…

Thursday

Thursday is typically the first "day" of the weekend in college. People go out but not everyone. For HallowHomecoming, you can bet your matching Netflix and Chill costumes that people will be crawling out of their holes to put on an outfit and go out. Thursday can go one of two ways: Frat Party for those under 21 or who still relish in their freshman year or Backcountry. Expect the line to be circling around El Charro at least once.

Friday

The real start to the fun…

5:00 p.m. You're eating a carb loaded dinner probably at DHall and getting excited with your friends about getting ready and going out

6:00 p.m.You're back at your dorm and you're blasting Cardi B or ~whatever~ and you and your friends are getting ready. You probably planned a group costume. I guarantee that no, doing all the Disney Princesses or being the guys from "Holes" is not creative. You will encounter at least four more groups that night with the same costume.

7:30 p.m. You finish getting ready far too early and decide to help the other members of your squad or hall get ready for the night.

8:00 p.m. Pictures! Gotta do it for the 'gram, ya know. You'll make the girl who gets to be Cinderella's (that bitch!) boyfriend who's visiting for the weekend to take the photos for you. You'll take at least 700 and go through each one until you find the perfect pic. It'll most likely be one of the first five pictures in your camera roll.

9:00 p.m. You pregame your night with cheap Burnetts and probably Mr. Pibb as a chaser. We were all freshmen once.

9:30 p.m. Last chance to use the bathroom! Just make sure your RA doesn't catch you.

9:45 p.m. None of the sobers that posted on Facebook can pick you up and all of the Ubers are busy with jacked-up prices. You decide to walk in the freezing cold in your tiny tutu and tiara.

10:00 p.m. Time to hit the frats! First stop, Drumline.

10:45 p.m. After a 30-minute wait, you finally get in to find out there's no beer or juice left and that the cops are rolling up to shut it down. Time to grab your friend who's making out with Chad and move to FIJI.

11:00 p.m. You made it into FIJI simply because you're a girl and you kinda know Dylan from SCOM and Brian because you recently matched on Bumble. You are your girls are pushing through the sweaty mass of Playboy Bunnies and other Disney Princesses. Before anything else happens, Chelsea sees her ex and demands that you all leave. You call an UBER. Nobody can get you. You walk back to your dorm because Chelsea got way too drunk after seeing her ex and someone has to make sure she's OK.

Midnight(ish) You make it back to your dorm. You try to order a pizza. Everywhere is swamped so you eat snacks from the vending machine. There's always tomorrow night plus the game is tomorrow!

Saturday

9:00 a.m. GET UP IT'S GAMEDAY. You're slightly hungover but you're ready to gooo

9:30 a.m. Carb up at DHall brunch

10:00 a.m. Get ready for the game! It's a bit chilly but that won't stop you. Time to show your Dukes!

11:00 a.m. Pregame with (surprise) Burnetts and Mr. Pibb

11:30ish a.m. Make your way down to the Baseball lots for tailgating! You're GGGBig is visiting and you HAVE to get a fam pic!

11:45 a.m. You have literally never seen so many washed up alumni in your life. You decide to take 11 Jell-O shots with your GGGBig. A mistake that you will regret later.

12:30 – 5:00 p.m. Blackout.

6:00 p.m. You're coming out of your blackout just in time to get ready for night two. Tonight, you and your squad is dressing up like bottles of wine. You're merlot. The girl who was Cinderella is Rose. You're hungover and haven't eaten. Nothing is fair.

8:00 p.m. Pics, round two!

9:00 p.m. You try to pregame with what little alcohol you have left. You probably feel like you want to throw up but it's HALLOWHOMECOMING!

9:30 p.m. – Midnight(ish): Same deal, different frats.

Sunday

All Day: nursing your hangover, posting the best pics to your Instagram and vowing to never drink again but also looking forward to next year's HallowHomecoming.