newest additions to the celtics team

Is Jimmy Butler Good or Bad for the Celtics?

With rumors of Jimmy Butler coming to the Boston Celtics, there are mixed feelings as to whether this rumor would help the team.

35
https://www.flickr.com/photos/shinyasuzuki/8438654836

If you thought a team like the Boston Celtics couldn't get better you've thought wrong. Kyrie Irving, Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum, Al Horford, Aaron Baynes that lineup seems dangerous. A perfect balance of scoring, defense and rebounding could lift this Celtics team, quite possibly, to another NBA finals.

With that being said, there have been rumors of Jimmy Butler coming to the Celtics. From a fans perspective, you think this is a fantastic idea, having Irving and Butler, both NBA all-stars, playing on the same team. However, from a coaches perspective, this may seem like a challenge.

Butler, 28, provides both youth and scoring, which the Celtics desire. Standing at 6'8" he provides a solid defense that the Celtics also desire for the wing players. Averaging 23 points per game and starting to head into his prime, the Celtics are drooling over the opportunity to acquire this player, not seeing what NBA potential has been tapped yet.

On the other hand, the problem with acquiring Butler is that the team would have to bench one of their young, talented soon-to-be-all-stars. They would have to either put Tatum or Brown on the bench, neglecting their talents to be the future of the Celtics. In addition, the Celtics are looking more for power forwards and centers that play like Aaron Baynes. Tough, physical, always grabbing rebounds. They don't really need someone like Butler since we have guards like Terry Rozier and Marcus Smart that have shown us what they are capable of.

All in all, I do think that getting Jimmy Butler would be a splendid idea, but I believe we don't really need him. With what we're giving, I strongly think that Jimmy Butler would have a much better on a team that needs that superstar, like the Spurs or the Heat.