He Knows

He Knows

When you feel like you cannot relate to Jesus because He is simply perfect, remember that He was human once too.

17
He Knows
keywordimages

There have been many times when I have talked to God about my problems and have felt that He does not understand. I know He does understand because He is God, but it seems so hard to believe that because He is perfect. That is when I started researching into Jesus' life as He did live a life similar to ours. I found that Jesus is a lot more similar and went through a lot of the problems everyone else has gone through. In a weird way, knowing that Jesus had dealt with similar situations or felt the same emotions, comforted me,

The first time I felt like God did not understand me was when I felt totally alone. Yes, God is always there for you, but it is hard to feel like you are not alone when He can not talk directly to you. This is when I discovered that Jesus knows what it feels like to be alone. In Matthew 27:46 when Jesus is being crucified on the cross, He cried out, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” Jesus in this moment felt so alone that He did not even feel like God was with him.

At some point in your life, you will experience betrayal, whether your friend told your secret or your sibling tattled on you to your parents. Betrayal is something that both Jesus and God experienced. God was betrayed by His favorite angel Lucifer, who is now known as Satan. Jesus was betrayed by one of His best friends and disciples, Judas. Both Jesus and God were betrayed by some of their best friends. To me this is one of the most human and relatable things that I have ever heard. We have all been betrayed and can turn to God and Jesus knowing they both understand how it feels.

One of the most natural and human things everyone can do is cry. There have been many times I have cried with and for my best friends. Thinking about Jesus crying does not seem natural, as He is the son of God. This is far from true though. There was a time when Jesus was sick (also very human) and was not able to immediately help is His close friend Lazarus. When Jesus did arrive to help, Lazarus was already dead. Jesus saw his friends crying and wept with them. The Bible does not specifically tell us why Jesus is crying, but it says when He saw everyone else crying He was “deeply moved in spirit and trouble.” It can be inferred that Jesus saw how living with sin really affected people, because before Adam and Eve, death was not something to be sad about. It is incredible seeing Jesus show these human emotions. This shows such a bond between us.

The next time you are feeling disconnected from God, turn to the new testament and read about Jesus' life. There is so much to learn and so many moments that can be compared to our own lives. I hope this article is able to help someone who is feeling far from God be able to see just how similar we truly are.