Jesus Should Be The Only Thing We Put On A Pedestal
Religion

He paid the ultimate sacrifice, yet we still put other things before Him.

620
https://unsplash.com/photos/ReEqHw2GyeI
Unsplash via Ben White

Exodus 20:3 says, "You shall have no other gods before me."

This sounds plain and simple, right? As Christians, we are taught from a very young age that Jesus is our God and that we should only worship him.

Jesus is our God in heaven, but have you ever thought about the things we worship while here on this Earth?

We put so many things before God. Instead of praying or reading our Bible, we online shop, watch Netflix and talk to boys.

All of this is fine and dandy, but sometimes we put these things on a pedestal.

We begin to worship that one brand of clothing, social media, or significant other.

Sometimes, we even miss the signs from God that someone or something isn't right because we are so blinded by what we put on our own pedestal.

But eventually, God will hand you a big slap in the face to finally get your attention. He wants to be the only thing we put on our pedestals.

Jesus was beaten, scorned and hung on a cross just to save ordinary people like you and me. He paid the ultimate sacrifice, yet we still put other things before Him.

This thinking will only last for a little while before you realize Jesus is the only one we can turn too. Jesus is the only one we need to worship.