The Blind Man and The Weak Boy

The Blind Man and The Weak Boy

He will open the eyes of the blind

41
The Blind Man and The Weak Boy

The Bible is full of stories about the miracles of Jesus. A lot of us know these stories from our Sundays spent in Children's ministries learning about the vast array of these miracles, but our understanding of these stories stopped when we left the classroom and ran towards our parents. These miracles hold some of the most amazing words from the Bible inside them and are overlooked and passed over simply because we hold the notion that we have gained all we can from them.

In Mark 8:22-26 Jesus performs a miracle unlike any other and heals a blind man. The man was brought to the feet of Jesus by friends who begged for his healing. Jesus took hold of the man's hand and lead him outside of the village and spit into his eyes. Jesus said "Do you see anything?" and the blind man replied that he saw people and that they looked like trees walking around. Jesus once more put his hands on the man and his eyes were opened restoring the man's sight so that he was able to see everything clearly again.

Growing up I always thought this was a literal story of a blind man being healed that had nothing to do with me. It wasn't until I was lost in my own darkness that I realized the importance of this miracle. There are 37 miracles recorded in the New Testament that Jesus performed, and this is one of the most important ones. We see a man who has lost his sight and become sick, we see friends who care so deeply that they fall at the feet of Jesus begging, we see a man's sight restored to the glory of God slowly as his faith becomes stronger.

I was saved when I was 7 years old in my bathtub one night. At such a young age my entire world was shaken and given straight to Jesus. My heart was on fire and all I knew was that everything I am is because of Him.

Sadly I strayed from the path that God had paved for me. I became blind to his love and was lost in the world. It took a long time for me to see the power of God's love again and the healing that I was so desperately craving. Sometimes you will stumble and fall. Sometimes life will be hard and you will take giant steps backward. Sometimes you might turn and run full speed away from God. But that's ok. You're never too far gone. You've never run too fast. You've never fallen too far into the darkness. There is nowhere in this world that you God cannot reach you.

My God is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the beginning and the end. He has always been and always will. He is mercy and grace. He is the rest for the weary, the quencher of thirst and hunger, the protector and the savior. He is the one who can take hold of your hand and lead you away from the blind life you are living. He is the one who can open your eyes to see his beauty. He is the one who take your shattered heart and put it all back together. He is the one, the only one, who has the power to heal you.

Stop fighting him. Stop thinking you're too far. Stop thinking you're unworthy and a waste. Stop thinking you're not good enough for him. Open your blind eyes and see the glory that He is. Come home.