I've Changed, You've Changed, We've All Changed

99

Over the past few years, I've changed. I've changed from the girl I once was in high school. I'm no longer afraid to speak up, but rather, I'm learning that my opinions matter. I'm more willing to step outside my comfort-zone. I'm more confident in my faith and where God is leading me.

Change sounds amazing doesn't it? But, it's still feared. Change may be apart of life. But, that doesn't mean it's easy. Change is terrifying and it doesn't always go as we had planned. In fact, many people, including myself, see change as something negative. When change occurs, we loose. We loose clarity, certainty, comfort, and a sense of knowing. When God calls use to change, when He guides us towards an open door, the unknown and change ahead cripples us. It's sad, but it's the honest truth. We all love the idea of change, until it comes knocking at our door. When change comes knocking, fear greets change with a determined smile.

I know it's hard. I know Change seems terrifying. But, it's something God calls us towards. In Ecclesiastes 3:1 it says, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the sun." You see, change is apart of Growth. Change is apart of Gods plan. He calls us to change, to grow in His wisdom and endless Grace.

When you find Change knocking on your door, don't allow fear to answer. But rather, lean on He who is constant. When change occurs and the unknown is all you can see, dive into Gods word where it says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever (Hebrews 13:8)." Find comfort and support in this fact. Accept the change that comes your way with open arms, because we have a Father who is the same yesterday, today, and always.

Change. It's a simple word. A word that one may associate with growth. A word that is relayed in a conversation between friends or between complete strangers. A word that holds both negative and positive connotations. Change is and always will be something we love and fear. It will always be a word that applies to each individual differently, but it does and continues to be relatable to all. Change is universal. I've changed. You've changed. We've all changed. It's as simple as that.