It's Time to Let Go of You

It's Time to Let Go of You

I've held on for long enough, and it's time to move on.

15
It's Time to Let Go of You
The Gottman Institute

We can't stop ourselves from falling in love with the wrong person.

We try to force ourselves from falling head over heels for the one person who is the definition of trouble.

How can we stop this cycle when we consider the two of us the dynamic duo, a good team, or Bonnie and Clyde?

We've all pictured in our minds and our hearts who we'd end up spending the rest of our lives together. The one who seems to have his life together and has the drive and motivation to continuously move forward in life. Instead, we're pulled from that picture in our minds, and we've fallen for someone who gives us the rush of adrenaline we crave after a long day. They don't have the drive, nor the patience that everyone needs. Those people that are pure danger, intoxication, and we can't help but love them because we love the rush.

We put our lives on the line for that one person. We try not to get sucked into that mentality, but we all end up doing so at one time or another. We can only put our lives on hold for so long, though.

It's now time to let go of them.

It's time to let go of all the danger and intoxication. It's time to be clean and free of the trouble. Falling in love is so easy, and falling out of love is so hard.