It's Time To Start Your Spring With Cleaning

It's time to make room for all the new that is coming your way.

86
5TJT

Spring is finally here and of course, you know what that means... SPRING CLEANING! Whether you're cleaning out your closet, your car, or the negativity in your life, it's time to clean up the clutter to make room for all the new that is coming your way.

If you have no idea where to start, start in your room. Look around your dresser,under your bed and your windows. Don't let your windows or corners of your room collect dust and possibly make you get sick right when the warm weather is starting to come around. Throw on your headphones with your favorite music, pick up the vacuum, and start cleaning!

While you're still in your room, head for your closet and sort out the winter clothes you won't be using for this season. If you know you've only worn something once or not at all that winter, put it in a bag to be donated (avoid throwing away clothes that are still in good shape because other people can definitely make use of it). After you're done sorting out winter clothes and storing them, take out your spring/summer clothes and organize them. Again, separate any clothes you know you will never wear again. I am guilty of hoarding vests, shirts, and sweaters that I wear from time to time but are really of no use to me anymore. Do yourself a favor and put them in the donate bag to clear up some room. My mom always tells me that if I get rid of something old, the new will come my way. I promise you'll find better outfits to replace them with!

Your car is something that can easily become cluttered and filled with junk. Over the winter, you could have accumulated coffee cups, receipts, and other trash in your car. Get items to clean the interior and exterior of your car and a trash bag. Pick up all the unnecessary items and throw them out. If your gas station has a car vacuum or you have one, vacuum the floors and inside the seats. Wipe down the car's dashboard with something made for the material of your car. If your have books and papers loose in your backseat, either remove them from your car or make them look pretty in the pockets of your seats. After cleaning out your car, hang your favorite air freshener.

Cleaning doesn't have to be difficult or boring. Pick a nice day to be able to go outside and clean your car or your yard. Throw some music on and clean the inside of your house and your closet. Make sure everything is ALWAYS clean and organized no matter the season but if you needed the motivation after the long and cold winter, then let this spring and warm weather give you that push to start the season off right!