It's Time For The Fair!

It's Time For The Fair!

"There's something that feels so all-American about a carnival."

16
It's Time For The Fair!

It's finally fall - the leaves will change, the air will cool and the state fairs will be rolling into town on their colorful wagons. The fair has always been one of my favorite fall activities. One reason being that it's a great date night or night out with your friends. Oh, and don't forget the deep fried food (skip counting the calories...trust me) and of course the rides that keep you dazzled and entertained for hours. For any of you skeptics out there that still don't believe me, let me share with you the magic of the carnival.

1. It's pretty to look at.

Even if you do nothing but walk around and look at the different attractions, there's nothing like a fair at night. The colorful lights and rides are mesmerizing and worth the ticket just for that.

2. The rides.

Hellooo, the rides are the reason you go to a fair. The Ferris wheel is probably the most recognized out of them all, but you can't forget the swings, tilt-a-whirl and pirate ship.

3. The deep, deep, deep fried food.

Listen, you are straight up lying if you say you haven't wondered what a deep fried snickers or oreo tastes like. The fair is the one place where everyone's doing it so no judgement can really be given, right?

4. The games.

The games at a fair are fun because one of you gets to cheer from afar, pick out a teddy bear and then proudly carry it around the entire fair like this:

While the other gets to show off and (hopefully) make all of those high school baseball practices from the good ole' days count like this:

5. It means that fall is finally here.

That's right, the best time of the year has arrived! The carnival coming to town means you've officially beat the heat and can now relax and count down the days to the holidays (after you go to the fair of course).