It's Okay to Not Know.

It's Okay to Not Know.

From a current student in her master's to you.

25
It's Okay to Not Know.

One day, you get that college acceptance letter and the joy overfills you.

Next, your lost and figuring it out.

That's me. Yes, i'm now a master's student, but the overwhelming commitment of this is what i'm going to do forever can become a little too much sometimes.

The story of how I picked my major isn't glamorous, I went with what was in a health field and fit my schedule the most. While I am working towards having a master's degree at twenty-two so much is still so unknown.

I always grew up hearing that if you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life. Yet, being so young how are you supposed to know what you would love to do forever. That's what leads me into this post.

I have spent a lot of time over the past few weeks confused and unsure of what to do from here.

What I have realized though, is it is okay to not know. There are successful individuals who never went to college, dropped out, or do not use their degree in the slightest. There are days that you're going to wonder how you got here and what the heck you are doing. Life wasn't meant to be figured out in a day. Some people do not find what they love till their older, while some people know their whole lives. Life is a journey, and we're supposed to enjoy it. Being miserable over a situation you're in will not change it or lead to a different outcome. Try your best and let the rest fall into place.

You may fail a few classes, or you realize that whatever you're doing isn't working out for you. That's okay, everyone does it. Rome wasn't built in a day, and your future won't be either. SO, breathe. Realize that you can work your whole life and one day realize that you need a change and you may find your passion.

Never compare your journey to anyone else's either. I hear all the time "Wow you were 20 when you started your master's degree?" Yes, but i'm still unsure of what is next. Sometimes it is so easy to fall into a pit of "This is what i'm supposed to do," that we forget this is our life and our story to mold. Instead, take your time, it'll be okay. One day, this struggle will be worth it and you will feel a sense of belonging. Never give up on that.

This is not a drop out of college post, it's just one to remind you that it is okay to not know. Every aspect of life cannot be controlled, and that's the fun of life (sometimes). Do something that scares you, and it may just change you rlife.