It's Okay Not To Be Okay

It's Okay Not To Be Okay

When you do go through these hard times, reach out to the ones you love for their help, focus on yourself and never be afraid to take some time for yourself, it will not ever make you weak.

134
It's Okay Not To Be Okay
Google

Every time someone is upset, the typical phrase that gets said is ‘it’ll be okay.’ But the thing is that we know it’ll be okay, but when will it be okay?

It is hard expressing your feelings to people around you because we are a part of a society that doesn’t allow people to actually heal. The lines, ‘I’m fine’ ‘I’m just tired’ or ‘I’m just having a bad day’ are lies that you’re saying just to hid your own pain. You’re only expected to take a day or two to get yourself together and get back to school, work and life in general.

What if that isn’t enough? The reality is that many people face is putting on a fake smile to keep people from knowing that they really aren’t okay, because showing a sign of weakness isn’t okay. It’s okay to not be okay sometimes. Admitting that you’re having a bad day, you’re hurting, confused, lost, heartbroken or lost in life is the first step.

You don’t have to be strong 24/7

Thinking that you have to be strong all the time, taking on multiple new tasks while still maintaining your normal routine, not giving yourself a second to breathe or even realize what is actually going on. It’s like feeding a fire, adding more stress/problems to an initial problem will never allow it to get better. Even cutting back one or two things while you are going through a rough time can help. Allowing yourself to heal instead of ‘just taking a rest’ is vital when it comes to getting through a hard time.

It is okay to talk about your problems

No situation will get better unless you talk about it. The only person that knows what’s actually going on in your life is you and you shouldn’t be afraid of your own emotions. Even though it is difficult approaching friends, family or significant others about issues that you don’t fully understand, it’s the first step in the right direction. Talking about what is going on in your life with someone else and having them support you building yourself back up is one of the best feelings in the end. This allows yourself to spill any emotion that you are feeling and allowing yourself to heal properly as well as get advice from your loved ones.

Even though it doesn’t seem like it, everyone goes through rough patches

Even the ones who’s lives seem perfect, happy and not a single thing happens to them… they go through things too, I can guarantee it. Rather its you spilling coffee in your car on the way to work when you’re supposed to give a presentation that might make or break your job, going through a long term breakup, not knowing what you want to study in school or overall just being lost in life. These things happen to everyone and even though those days you’ll feel like you failed or you’re not good enough in life, just know those days will pass.

It is okay to not be okay all the time. When you do go through these hard times, reach out to the ones you love for their help, focus on yourself and never be afraid to take some time for yourself, it will not ever make you weak.