It's Not All Police Officers, And It's Not All Citizens

As this has been stated many times, there has been a tremendous amount of police/citizen interaction lately that has ended horribly. There have been numerous cases in which police brutality very clearly stands, and it has become obvious some officers are nowhere near civil with citizens, specifically those with different racial backgrounds. In addition, there have been many cases lately in which citizens have attacked and brought severe harm to officers, blaming all officers for the negative actions that just some have displayed. It seems as though there is always one bad side and one good side when it comes to issues such as these.

Being very interested in politics, this has been a topic that I've managed to develop a lot of passion for and would like to politely state my opinion on where I stand on this issue, along with what I believe and what I support. No doubt in my mind, police brutality is 100% a legitimate thing. In specific, those such as myself who receive white privilege are less directly impacted or victimized by things such as that of police brutality. I am nowhere near educated enough to speak entirely about what white privilege means because I've never experienced anything other than that myself. However, this doesn't mean that I think there is no racial bias when it comes to the idea of police brutality, and the obvious correlation of the victims of such. However, also considering myself to be a conservative republican, I would like to point out another case that I believe the media does not display as much attention towards.

Police brutality has been displayed over and over again by the liberal media. However, there have been quite a few cases that have not been displayed when roles have been switched or when a white citizen has been unnecessarily victimized by a police officer. I don't know statistics, but I do believe it is very likely that these cases are a lot less abundant than the police brutality cases that have been published by the liberal media, that contain racism and white privilege of the officer, However, to the extent that this media has covered police brutality has become concerning for officers that are doing nothing wrong. I heard of a case a little over a year ago that took place in Alabama in which a black man started attacking someone. A white police officer at the time went through certain protocol of how to stop the attacker from displaying these actions before the use of force would required. As the attacker refused to stop, the officer questioned what he really should do next, as he knew that using force would be taken advantage of by the liberal media, and meant to look like police brutality, when in fact the officer was just trying to do his job.

Additionally, there have been a numerous amount of cases lately where officers have been shot, attacked, or even killed, simply for being an officer and having negative connotations associated with the career, even when it wasn't the officer themselves who have been acting negatively. In the media today, a lot of people are saying that police officers and citizens are in a constant battle with one another, trying to protect themselves from each other, and stay safe from one another. In general, police officers are simply there to protect us. Yes, some do overstep a major boundary and personally I believe they don't deserve the privilege of calling themselves an officer in that case. But, not all citizens are going around attacking officers either. Most cops are good, most people are good, and we need to start understanding that it is only a select few that fit what both sides of the political media are publicizing.