....It's Because I'm Black

....It's Because I'm Black

The Glory Is Inside Of You

38
....It's Because I'm Black
Art Racism Afrocentric

"We live in a system that is designed for us to fail" - Prentice Powell

It's Because I'm Black....

That I am expected to fail

It's Because I'm Black....

I am expected to not have anything above a 10th Grade education

I am expected to have poor grammar and english

I am expected to have a low paying job and to be on welfare

I am expected to drop out of school

It's Because I'm Black....

That I should be apart of gang

That I should sale drugs

That I should fear the police

That I should answer when someone calls me "Boy"

That by the age of 21 I should probably have 3 or 4 kids and not be an active father in their lives

That by the age of 22 I have at least been to jail 2 times by now

That by the age of 26 I should be facing a life sentence in prison or dead

.....It's Because I'm Black

Why and or how could these things make be Black?

How and or why would this define anyone that is Black?

It is because I am black and you have seen the things that my people from my culture are able to produce. With very little we can produce great things, magnificent things things that can not be described. And that terrifies you and makes you and your culture insecure. Now your egotistic behind has the need to feel supreme; so you set out to destroy my heritage because WE ARE A THREAT. Let's call a spade, a spade; the mere fact that my culture can compete with you and out do you frightens you. Now primarily we are only a threat because of what we are able to produce. We do not feel the need to kill, hurt, destroy and or belittle. We feel the need to take a stand for what is right. My ancestors we're in bondage because you could not provide for your own without their help. My ancestors were suppressed by a culture who could not even provide for themselves without enslaving thousands of people.

IT IS BECAUSE I AM BLACK

That I am able to succeed, because I know what's in me.

Because I am black

I will obtain any level of college degree that I may choose

Because I am black

I will own my own business

IT IS BECAUSE I AM BLACK

That I will not answer to the term Boy

That I will not walk with my head held down in shame

IT IS BECAUSE I AM BLACK

That I too will be excellent

.....It's Because I'm Black

That their lives will not be in vain

Walter Scott, Jerame Reid, Philip White, Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, Freddie Gray, Aiyana Jones, Sandra Bland, Kimani Gray, John Crawford, Michael Brown, Miriam Carey, Sharonda Singleton, Emmett Till, Tommy Yancy, Jordan Baker, Amadou Diallo, Alton Sterling, Philander Castile, Terence Crutchers