15 Golden Globes GIFS That Exemplify Your Feelings At The Start Of The New Semester

It's an emotional roller coaster, and we're all along for the ride.

140
Uncustomary Experience

Ahh, spring semester. A time for rebirth, renewal of the daily routine, binge-watching getting on top of your studies, and lying to yourself vowing to start your papers earlier than the night before they're due. You likely have a whole slew of emotions toward spring semester, and these GIFS from the 2016 Golden Globes perfectly describe them.

1. When your professors hand out the syllabi, and you realize you have to read 500 pages for four classes by the next meeting...which is in two days.

giphy.com

Certainly not an impossible feat, but it is not going to be fun.

2. When your professor gently reminds you at the end of the first class that the first paper is due in two weeks.

giphy.com

You have got to be kidding me. Way to kill the vibe, professor. All together now: "How could this happen to me?"

3. When you've been to two days of class and the amount of work you have already makes you just like...

giphy.com

So stressful that it's almost laughable.

4. Checking out your first day outfits in the mirror like...

giphy.com

Remember, you technically have two first days: one for your Monday/Wednesday/Thursday classes, and one for your Tuesday/Friday classes. First impressions are lasting impressions!

5. When another professor gently reminds you at the end of class that the first paper is due in two weeks.

giphy.com

First comes utter shock and disbelief. This can't possibly be happening again. But then you remember that you are not going to start it until the night before it's due (maybe two nights before if you're being good), so you just laugh it off anyway.

6. When you realize how much you have to spend on textbooks this semester.

giphy.com

*Cries.*

7. When you walk into a 10-person class coming from a 50-person class in the same subject area last semester.

giphy.com

Is this really a politics class or is it actually a jury?

8. When you surprise yourself with your eloquence in class.

giphy.com

Damn. Go me. *Insert hair flip here*

9. Upon realizing how shitty your handwriting gets when you haven't picked up a pen in three weeks.

giphy.com

The only time you picked up a pen over break was to endorse those generous checks from your relatives. It's practically illegible.

10. When someone asks if you're excited for your new classes.

giphy.com

Excited to be back with friends? Yes! Excited to get back into the swing of your extracurriculars? Yes! Excited to get back to the fun of college social life? Yes! Excited to have to wake up early and go to class and do work? Not at all.

11. When you're a little too excited for that inaugural first night out of the semester.

giphy.com

Amy Schumer knows what's up.

12. When your friend won't shut up about how amazing their vacation to *insert tropical location here* was.

giphy.com

While you were soaking up the sun in Puerto Wherever, I was stuck in the frigid climes of the Northeast in my friends' proportionately freezing basements. And ya know what? I loved every minute of it.

13. Your reaction when you see your best friends for the first time in almost a month.

giphy.com

Accurate. Let the internal and probably external screaming commence.

14. When you and your bestie roommate finally reunite.

giphy.com

The dream team is back in action!

15. When you remember just how funny and overall awesome your friends are.

giphy.com

You realize that you missed them even more than you thought you did, and you are so grateful to have them in your life because they are truly irreplaceable.