Parents Weekend is Actually Not That Bad.

As much as some of us dread having our families come visit, it's worth it.

8
Parents Weekend is  Actually Not That Bad.
Emily Taggart

As the weekend arrives and plans are made, we are reunited with our families as well as an odd mix of emotions. Most people are excited to see their parents, while others are dreading the thought of their parents "invading," both equally understandable. The prep work goes in of cleaning up your room, actually doing laundry, and finally taking out the trash to avoid hearing about how your habits haven't changed. Here's a few reasons why parents weekend is a lot better than it sounds;

1. REAL FOOD.

Don't get me wrong, food at Commons is great, but I can only handle so many bowls of the same old pasta and omelettes. . .

2. You may actually be excited to see your parents.

And hey we're not judging, some people actually have decent parents!

3. They totally spoil you, and you definitely love it.

4. If you're lucky, you'll probably get a few things from the bookstore or gifts that they brought (because they actually missed you).

5. Hopefully, they restocked your snack supply.

Because we all needed it. Everybody lives by snacks.

6. It was kinda cool to show your parents the new Academic Commons.

It's a big deal.

7. MONEY.

If your parents didn't leave you with money I'm so sorry, because we're all struggling college students.

8. It's fun meeting your friend's parents.

Like thank you for this fabulous person I live with!

9. Your parents will probably take you off campus and you probably soaked up every bit of that freedom.

10. Hopefully, your room will stay clean the next few days with a little help from mom and dad.

11. You had a really great weekend.

Even though it wasn't spent with your friends. Family is everything; They are the only people who will always have your back, so don't take this weekend for granted.