6 Items You Need In College

6 Items You Need In College

445
6 Items You Need In College
Mary Beth Flores

After reflecting on my first semester of college, I have come up with a list of very random, miscellaneous items that have saved my life throughout the school year.

1. Sticky notes

These little things have made me the most organized I have ever been! If you're like me you love making lists and being able to cross off daily tasks that need to be completed. What I started doing was putting a bright sticky note on the keyboard of my laptop to remind me of homework, important dates, etc. I still use my planner, but this way just by opening my laptop I am instantly greeted by a colorful sticky note to help me keep track of my life.

2. Mattress pad

Oh baby. I do not know how I did not purchase one of these sooner. A mattress pad can make a simple dorm bed feel like a plush, luxury bed in a five-star hotel. The downside is having to leave your bed early in the morning to get to an 8 a.m. Mine is from TJ Max and it was $20!

3. Vitamin C packets (Emergan-C)

Already this school year I have gone through two boxes of these life savers. The minute I start feeling even the slightest bit sick I immediately pour one into a water bottle. I tend to go for the Immune and ones that are orange or raspberry flavored. I highly recommend purchasing a box if you're starting to feel sick or run down.

4. Small speaker

My aunt gave me a small JLB speaker as a high school graduation present and I have become absolutely obsessed with it. The smaller ones have a clip you can hang easily on a backpack or hook. Most are waterproof so you can always find me taking my speaker in the shower for a jam session!

5. Scotch mounting putty

You can find this tack at any office supply store and even the Michigan State Book stores! This is how I fill my dorm room with posters, pictures, and my art without having to use any illegal tacks.

6. Gummy vitamins

Remember taking these when you were little? Well they are just as fun, if not more as an adult. My mom put a jar of Vitamin D gummies in my stocking and I love them. During the winter it is hard to receive natural vitamins especially, Vitamin D. You can find these at many stores and they taste like fruit snacks so what is not to love?

I hope you these as helpful as I have!