Trust me, It Gets Better After Your First Semester

Don't drop the idea of college just yet!

1

It is almost the end of October, which means that many of us have been in school for a while now. For you first time freshman, you're probably counting down the days until winter break. You might be thinking about transferring or dropping out after winter break. Before you make any big decisions, know that it gets better after the first semester.

I moved 1,000 miles away from home in order to pursue higher education at Arizona State University. I was so excited to attend a university in another state, but after the first month, I found myself missing home and wanting to transfer.

I know what it feels like, not feeling like you have any friends. College was always referred to me as "the best four years of your life". I came into my first year with that mindset and when I wasn't going out every night, meeting butt loads of people and traveling around the state, I desperately wanted to transfer home.

Once winter break came I was so excited, all I wanted to do was go home. I went home and it was a lot different than I expected, I did not want to see my friends. It was because at school I spent pretty much every day with people and I just wanted to be alone.

I came back from break and the first thing I did was text my friends to make plans. I did not realize that I missed them so much, not only that I missed the university itself.

I missed the friends that I made, and were still getting to know. I ended up Facetiming them almost every day, and by the time we came back from winter break I was so excited to see them.

So what I am saying is, something sparked in me while I was on break and from there on out, I loved where I was going to school. My advice to you is to just wait it out until you know for sure you want to leave!