Irritating Instances For Cashiers

Irritating Instances For Cashiers

Why do you insist on melting my patience?

109
Irritating Instances For Cashiers
Hub Pages

My patience has been wearing very, very thin recently due to a stressful daily life. The best way to get it out is to rant about it, so here it comes. Working at a movie theater can be as fun as it is stressful. It's not hard, but people can seem to make your job hard with the little things. Cashiers experience this type of annoyance the most. Though I haven't been a cashier as often as before, I still seem to get those customers when I am. Though most of these could go for cashiers anywhere, some are specifically for theaters, but regardless, here's a list of things that annoy me when I'm a cashier.

1. Please hand me your card instead of ignoring my outstretched hand.

My eye twitches in annoyance just thinking about this. I don't get why people want to slide their card across the likely butter-covered counter instead of handing it to me like a normal human being. Now your card won't work for a few days because the strip is covered in oil. Good job, you played yourself.

2. Don't lie to me about your child's age to get a kid's ticket or free admission.

Clearly your 17-year-old does not need a kid's ticket. His facial hair gave it away. Also, your 5-year-old isn't young enough to get free admission. I really appreciate the kids that correct their parents on their age, embarrassing the adults by catching them in a lie. Don't make my job hard because you're too cheap to pay for your children.

3. When I ask if you want butter on your popcorn, please give me a straight answer.

I don't want any of those "Does it look like I need butter on it?" or "Who doesn't want butter on their popcorn?!" kind of answers. I'm just here to do my job and get you into your movie as fast as possible. Your rudeness isn't appreciated and your jokes aren't original.

4. No, I can't throw your trash away for you.

I'm a cashier. Not a trash can. You will walk by several trash cans on your way to the movie, but sure, let me stop what I'm doing to throw your trash away. Rude.

5. You make me nervous when you grab the cup from the top.

Hold the cup correctly, and you won't drop it. If you drop it, I have to clean it up, and there's a good chance you'll spill it all over the counter and my register in the process. Stop trying to be cool, just hold the cup regularly please.

6. Straighten out your bills before handing them to me.

I want this transaction to go as smoothly and quickly as I can manage. I don't want to take the time unfolding the bills you handed me because you're too lazy to, and then get annoyed when I'm taking longer than you would like. Seriously people. Get your crap together.

7. Just like the cards, hand me the cash.

The counter isn't going to do the transaction, I am. Please, hand me the money. Don't lay it on the counter. Don't toss it towards me. Don't carelessly pull out bills and leave them all over the counter. My hand is outstretched for a reason, okay?

8. Avoid giving me "ugly" change.

Ugly change is any coin below a quarter. The prices at my theater with tax come out to be whole dollar or quarter amounts. I don't have any nickels to give you change back if you pay in three dimes. Quarters are so much easier to work with. Respect the effort we put into making the transaction easy for you, and give your ugly change to the bank instead.

9. I don't want the money you pulled out from your bra.

I've literally put gloves on to take money given to me just after being pulled out from a customer's bra. I don't want boob sweat money, okay, is that too much to ask for?