15 Songs That Were On My iPod As A Middle Schooler In The Years 2011-2013

Remember how cool you felt walking around with your iPod in middle school? Yeah, me too.

49

Middle school was definitely some awkward times for me. Music was always there for me through the good and bad times I had back in 2011-2013. I carried my iPod nano everywhere. If I didn't have it, other people would think something was wrong. Here are 15 songs that were on my iPod back in the day...

Lighters by Bad Meets Evil ft Bruno Mars

I mean, how can someone not vibe to this song? A classic. Truly.

Who Says by Selena Gomez & The Scene

As an awkward middle schooler, my self-esteem was not good. This song helped me begin to realize I'm perfect just the way I am. Big thanks, Selena!

One Time by Justin Bieber

If you didn't have this on your iPod, then you may be one of the lucky few that didn't suffer from "Bieber fever." Such strange times.

Invisible by Taylor Swift

I had a major crush on this one guy in middle school who, at the time, lived up the street from me. He knew, but he was always "dating" other girls and never gave me the time of day. Oh, the innocent heartbreaks of middle school. I listened to this song every single night on repeat, thinking about him.

Still, a great song. I love it to this day.

The A Team by Ed Sheeran

Most people didn't actually know about Ed Sheeran. Everyone thought I was hyping up a random British artist all throughout middle school. Little did they know he'd become so popular. I was obsessed with him, I'll admit it.

Oh, also I sang this song with him in 2013. That was truly my peak in life. You can watch the video here.

Royals by Lorde

Okay, who doesn't know this song? Lorde blew up after this one! I loved it back then, and even more now. It always reminds me of when Taylor Swift had her come out to surprise the crowd by singing this together at her 1989 DC show I attended.

Best Song Ever by One Direction

This song is a timeless jam. I actually vividly remember this one coming out! My friend and I constantly quoted "cute as a button" for months after. I also was lucky enough to be apart of the first crowd to see this song live!

Say Something by A Great Big World

I first heard this song on X Factor USA and instantly fell in love with it. It's heartbreaking, but soooo good.

3000 Miles by Emblem3

A band found via X Factor, but still super cool dudes. I'm lucky to know them. This song is a jam. Listen to it if you haven't heard it.

I love it so much, I covered it with one of my friends. You can listen to it here.

Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

This. Song. Is. A. Jam. I will never not love it. Demi is so strong.

All Too Well by Taylor Swift

HEARTBREAKING, EMOTIONAL, LYRICAL GENIUS. That pretty much sums up this song.

If You Want Some by Joel Crouse

I discovered Joel Crouse when he opened for Taylor Swift's RED Tour in Denver. I've actually had some cool conversations with him and we've remained mutuals on Twitter since 2013. Such an underrated country artist.

We Are Young by Fun. ft Janelle Monáe

I think it's safe to say every middle schooler had this song on their iPod after it came out. I have vivid memories of myself and some other kids in our school's guitar club performing this for the 8th grade continuation. I mean...what better song to use?

Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day

Yes, this song came out way before I was in middle school, but this was one of the songs I'd put on when I felt really defeated or sad. This is a classic. How can you not like this one?

Autumn Tree by Milo Greene

MILO GREENE! Definitely a super underrated band. I found them when they opened for Ed Sheeran at a private concert in 2012. I went to so many of their shows after that night and became super close with the band! They actually give me free tickets every time they come in town and gave me a shout out on stage once. Super cool band, AMAZING music. Especially this song. I love it.