Interview with Vince Van Meer

Interview with Vince Van Meer

105

What is your Company? How did you come up with the idea?

Rocketviral

I'm in e-commerce, I build brands for big and small influencers, depending on their market. I help build the brand, the e-com platform, marketing, and product development. We work closely together with the influencer but still take most of the work out of hand.

What is your backstory? Can you tell us a story about what brought you to this specific career path? I used to have large fashion Instagram pages, with 500K+ targeted followers. This was back in 2015. Brands started contacting me to promote them, after doing this for a year I figured out it would be better to start my own brand. Promoting hundreds of different brands will decrease your engagement on Instagram, because followers generally don't like seeing ads every day, sticking with one brand eliminates this problem and also gave me bigger margins and thus more profits.

What gave you that Entrepreneurship spark and drive when you started? Tell me about the day you decided to take this on as a full time venture. I value freedom the most in life, since a very young age. I did not want to work for a boss, or be limited by a 9 to 5 job. I always knew that I wanted to be able to work from wherever, and whenever. That's exactly what I'm doing now. I travel the world to do meetings and basically all I need is my laptop.

Where do you see your company 5yrs from now? I would like to start investing more in tech-companies and e-com platforms.

Do you have a mentor? I don't have a mentor. I get inspiration from success stories I hear. Sometimes I think it would be good to have a mentor, just so someone can give their perspective on certain situations. I'm good at making decisions but there are situations where you wish you had someone to run it by.

What's the most valuable advice you've received that contributed to your personal or professional success? Being grateful, and never stop being amazed. It sounds very cheesy but it makes you value everything much more. It will motivate you, as you'll know what you're working for, besides that it will also get you in a good mood throughout the day.

What is your Daily Routine? I wake up at around 5am-10am depending on until how late I worked the night before. I try to do all my emails and tedious tasks as soon as I wake up, to get it out of the way.

I design in the mornings, because I feel more creative — and I code at nights, because I'm more focused.

Which person or company do you most admire and why? I admire vlogger Jon Olsson, the way he builds and markets companies is very inspiring to me. He really goes all in and leverages social media to market his brands.