I Spoke To A Class of 2020 Senior From Brentwood High School, A Group Of Kids We've All Got To Feel For

The worst thing to say to someone to a class of 2020 is you're "not graduating" or "sucks to be you."

2539

1. Where did you/are you graduating from?

I am graduating from Brentwood High School here in Brentwood, New York. Where we bleed green. Go Indians!

2. What has it been like spending your last semester under quarantine amidst the coronavirus pandemic?

Spending my last semester in quarantine due to the corona pandemic wasn't hard due to the fact my life was like this before. The only problem is the assignments given to us which was work after work and I do better by being taught in person than by video.

3. Of all the things you missed out on because of quarantine, what has been the hardest to accept?

The hardest to accept was not being able to attend some school activities that were given to the seniors.

4. What has been a silver lining?

The thing that has been a silver lining was looking on the bright side of things instead of the negative. This happened for a reason and we've been punished by God due to humankind, misconduct; and after the punishment, good will come.

5. What have you done to make up for some of the graduation traditions you aren't able to do?

I have not done anything to make up for some of the graduation traditions that I'm not eligible to do.

6. What are your next steps, and have they been impacted by coronavirus?

My next steps are to accept it and move on.

7. What is the worst thing someone can say to a Class of 2020 graduate?

8. What is one piece of advice you would love to give to the class of 2021?

One piece of advice I would give to the class of 2021 is to always look on the brightest side even when things get rough. There is always hope.

9. What about the last few months do you think you'll remember most?

The thing about the last few months that I think I'll remember the most is not being able to go to a restaurant and eat inside.