Interview With Tyler Antal

Interview With Tyler Antal

Tyler Antal: The Guitarist Of For The Fire

7
Interview With Tyler Antal
Facebook

While in college, you have many different opportunities to go to different concerts and parties. Me personally, I will pick a concert over a party every time. Especially when a friend is performing in the band. On November 11th in the year 2016, I went to The Nearly Dead’s perform live. I had wanted to see them for years. And while I was there I met a great band called For The Fire. I got the opportunity to interview the lead guitarist named Tyler on December 7, 2016. I was happy that he had agreed to interview with me for this article. For The Fire played a live show just recently at Rhino’s All Age Club in Bloomington on November 11th. The show was awesome and the energy coming off of the bands that performed was amazing. Just to see how proud everyone was and to see all the hard work accumulate into one amazing show was awesome.

What is your name? “My name is Tyler Antal.”

How old are you? “I am 20 years old.”

When did you get your first guitar? “My freshmen year of high school.”

When did you learn to play guitar? “The same time I got the guitar I guess.”

What made you want to learn to play an instrument? “My mother asked if I'd want a guitar for my birthday. I said yes and I ended up getting one like a month later.”

When did you realize your dream was to work with music? “I'm not sure...it was more of a gradual process.”

How much time do you dedicate to playing your music? “Enough to negatively affect my health.”

When did you start playing in front of other people? “A little over a year ago is when I started playing shows regularly.”

Who is your most favorite musical Idol? “I don't really look up to anyone as an idol.”

What is it like playing in concerts? “I'm not really sure how to describe it...other than playing in front of a crowd that really digs your music and gets into the performance is one of the coolest things.”

What is your favorite musical genre? “My favorite genre of music would probably be rock in general.”

What genre of music do you play? “What we play in for the fire is ranges kind of like alt rock/post hardcore.”

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? “I don't know what I see myself doing in one year.”

What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? “I don't know what I see myself doing in one year.”

Is being in music your dream? “I don’t quite know yet.”

Has there been a lot of heartache along this road to be following your dream? “Not really. No.”

Have you had to make a lot of sacrifice to follow this dream? “Not really. I guess it's taken a lot of time but I wouldn't consider that a sacrifice.”

Do you have any words for anyone who wants to pursue music but is too afraid to? “I guess. If it is really your passion then it is worth pursuing.”