How To Talk To College Students About COVID-19

Interview Your Classmates About Going To College During The Coronavirus Pandemic

This Odyssey template will guide you on interviewing your fellow students on campus, getting the pulse of what it's like to be a college student during COVID-19.

94736
College students wait in a long line, some wearing masks.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected everyone around the world. But one group that it has affected uniquely is college students.

Campuses all across the country are managing the pandemic in different ways. Some bringing students back on campus, some rendering the entire semester virtual.

BEGIN TEMPLATE

Headline: I Asked XX Students From [University] What Their Coronavirus Experience At School Is Like

Cover Image: A personal picture of you with friends by a campus landmark would work really well.

Introduction: Start your piece with some basic information — where you go to school, if you are on campus or virtual, and any information you know about coronavirus cases on campus.

Then, set a target goal for students you want to get responses from. A great number of students to start with is 30-50.

Create a Google Form to easily send out to students. Post in student groups on Facebook with the link, send it out to your friends, ask them to send it to theirs, ask your classmates if they'd be interested in answering the questions, and start to compile your responses.

Here are some questions you can use to interview students:

1. What has your experience been like being in school during coronavirus?
  2. Are you socially distancing yourself from friends?
  3. Do you think your school should be enforcing restrictions so strictly/more strictly? Why?
  4. Do you know anyone who has tested positive for coronavirus?
  5. [If you are away from campus and taking classes virtually] What do you miss most about being on campus? Do you think you could be on campus right now safely?
  6. [If you are on campus but taking classes virtually] What is the scariest part about being on campus during coronavirus? Would you rather not be on campus?
  7. Have you gone to any events that are not socially distanced? What were those like?
  8. Have you gone to any events that are socially distanced? What were those like?
  9. What are your biggest takeaways from the semester so far?
  10. Do you think virtual school is sustainable or unsustainable? Why?
  11. What are your thoughts on paying tuition while learning virtually and off-campus?
  12. Do you feel like you're missing out on a 'real college experience' this semester?

Next, take your responses to this and write your piece.

A listicle is a simple and effective way to showcase your interviews. You can create a roundup style of questions and answers, with each question acting as a single listicle particle, and noteworthy responses from students coming below in the paragraph.

END TEMPLATE

From Your Site Articles