I've Never Seen 'The Office' Before And Here Is How YOU Helped Make Me Never Want To

I'm sure a lot of you probably assume it's because I'm one of those people that thinks it's somehow cool not to like popular things, but that actually has nothing to do with it at all.

18

Yup, you read that right. I have never seen "The Office" or even a singular full episode and have absolutely no desire to. Why, you ask? Well, I'm sure a lot of you probably assume it's because I'm one of those people that thinks it's somehow cool not to like popular things, but that actually has nothing to do with it at all. I really couldn't care less if it's popular or not, though in a way its popularity does have something to do with my reasoning.

The truth of the matter is that you, the people of the internet, have all collectively ruined it for me before I ever even had the chance to enjoy it.

The show is weirdly worshipped and treated almost as if it has its own cult based around it. It's even to the point where it seems like quoting from it too often and watching it repeatedly seems to have become a personality trait that 9/10 people like to highlight in their Tinder profiles. It seems like all social media is constantly bombarded with references to the show and memes made from it. Having never seen the show, I even get all the references now. I'm pretty sure I could tell you at least 3/4 of what happens throughout the course of that show just from having to involuntarily hear about it so many times over the years.

For me, the show has really just become like a bad joke more than anything else.

I've been constantly hit over the head with references, jokes, memes, and other content pertaining to "The Office" for so long that it's just lost all appeal. Things that I once chuckled at just annoy me now, and the thought of having to sit through the source of all that annoying content just literally makes me cringe now.

At this point, it isn't even fair to make the old analogy that the internet is beating a dead horse, it's worse than that. They're just beating some scattered shards from a horse skull because the rest of the horse has already been pulverized, smashed into the dirt, and turned to dust. You have all collectively massacred any slight interest I may ever have had in watching the show.

Thanks, internet.