15 Instagram Accounts That Encourage Positive Mental Health

By now, I'm sure y'all know that I'm very much into all things mental health, self-improvement, and self-care. I'm extremely passionate about taking care of my mind and encouraging others to do the same. I'm a firm believer that if you don't have your health you don't have anything, and to me, mental health is a huge part of that. It is so easy for us to ignore the little voice in our head telling us to slow down and take time for ourselves. However, I've recently come upon a very easy tool that has been proven to boost not only my mood but also my overall mental health and I knew that I had to share it.

Social media can definitely have its downsides — I'm not a stranger to that — so it's very important that when you can find the good in it to capitalize on it as much as possible. Recently, I've discovered a series of Instagram accounts that share a variety of important information on topics such as self-care, mental health, social issues, and so much more. Some of them are filled with just simple cheesy quotes, while others may share tips or strategies on how to deal with difficult challenges that you may be facing in your life.

As I began to follow more of these accounts and see them pop up on my feed more and more, I started to have such a better relationship with social media. What I love about it is how easily it snaps me out of the moment. I could be scrolling on my Instagram feed, feeling down, and comparing myself to others, and then I'll immediately see posts from one of these accounts and do a complete 180.

These accounts truly have been the perfect form of self-care during this stressful time, many of them that have given me strategies that I know I can implement in the future, and I hope they will do the same for you! I encourage you to scroll through each of the slides individually and take in all of the wise words of wisdom.

1. @wetheurban

2. @glennondoyle

3. @positivedelight

4. @mhadvocates

5. @selfcare4yu

6. @worrywellbeing

7. @millennial.therapist

8. @healing_notes_

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

9. @morganharpernichols

10. @thewildfeminine

11. @what.is.mental.illness

12. @breakingtaboo

13. @sunnybloominspiration

14. @dietstartstomorrow

15. @hay_itsoktonotbeok

And last but not least a special shoutout to my dear friend Haley for always coming in clutch with the most informative and inspiring content on all things mental health<3

I hope that you enjoyed scrolling through these accounts and maybe found one or two that you want to follow. These have been a game-changer to improving my mental health on my social media, something we could all need. Working on your relationship with your mind is not easy, but taking small steps like these will make a big difference for you in the end.