To the educators who inspired me

Mr. Otis and Mrs. Blood (O'Toole), I apologize for writing this in a format that isn't like the rubric.

I have so much to thank you for, but a simple thank you and an article on Odyssey doesn't seem close to what you all deserve. Mrs. Loritz, Mr. Allen, Mr. Apriesnig, Mrs. Blood (O'Toole), Mr. Toshner, Mr. Otis, Coach Stoffel, and Mr. Worley, you all have all left a permanent mark on me, and have shown me what it means to be a great educator. Each of you has positively impacted my life in ways you may not know.

Mr. Toshner, I remember when I walked into your Physical Science class freshman year, terrified of high school and extremely awkward. You became the first teacher I could easily talk to, and find a friend in. I remember always going to you, asking you for help with chemistry assignments, even though you taught Biology. You instilled in me study tactics that you used in college, that I use now. You were always laid back and friendly. I could talk to you for hours about music, entertainment, history, and sciences, and I thank you for taking the time to look out for me and befriending a scared freshman.

Mr. Otis, you are part of the reason I write for Odyssey now. You instilled a passion for writing in me. Although few of my articles follow the rubrics you had, I do hope that you'll give me at least a grade higher than a C on them. You always pushed me to enjoy abstract thought, research and to enjoy the topic at hand. Although I never actually read a page of "To Kill A Mockingbird" (sorry), I really enjoyed how passionate you were on topics. Thank you for inspiring me to think deeper, look for things that are harder to find and the endless support as an educator and as a friend.

Mr. Allen, although I only had you for one year, you were the only educator I ever had that got me to understand math. Even though most of my peers disliked you, I thoroughly enjoyed having you as an educator. You took the extra step and helped when I didn't understand what was going on. I do apologize for not doing my homework all the time, but, I do aspire to teach in a similar way.

Mrs. Loritz, on behalf of Taylor and I, thank you. You taught me what it means to teach with compassion. You showed me the fun side of history. Humanities and Sociology with you really instilled a passion for social sciences in me. You are the one who somewhat guided me to the path of going to school to teach social sciences. I hope Hector is well.

Mr. Apriesnig, you were the most punk teacher I had. Even though it's been years since I had you in middle school, I cherish the memories we have. From Nordic trips for ski club to snowshoeing around behind the school for gym, to the landboarding dine in. You always had a smile on your face. I wish I could have bought your Fury from you, but I can't wait to see you in the pit one of these times at Social D.

Mrs. Blood (O'Toole), thank you for being the teacher I could open up to. I always knew if I had stuff on my mind, I could talk to you about anything. You always seemed to be happy teaching. Even if you were sick or tired, you always had a smile on your face and you got to know each student individually. I have so much to thank you for. Thank you for being an inspiration and a friend.

Mr. Worley, I owe a lot to you. Both as a mechanic and a former student. You showed me what it means to live with an adventurous spirit. You showed me what it means to live a life of integrity and to remain young at heart. You are an inspiration to me every day, and I hope that I can be half the teacher you are. Your stories always made class go better, and I can still hear you yelling "SAFETY GLASSES." Thank you for all that you have given me.

Coach, thank you. Nothing can really show you much I appreciate all the lessons you have helped teach me over the years, on and off the mat. You have instilled in me a grit and grace that only your wrestlers will ever have. You have shown me what it means to be selfless. You have shown me what it's like to persevere through anything and everything. To dig deep, and never give up. Always fight off your back, and stop watching the clock. Get up, let's go.

Thank you for everything you have all shared with me. I appreciate you all and aspire to be like all of you. You each are an inspiration to me. Perhaps, one day I will be able to teach with all of you, as a coworker.