Inspirational Artists On The Internet

Favorite Artists That I've Encountered Online

They are my inspiration and their enthusiasm for their creations make me hopeful for what I can accomplish in the future!

18

I am a lover of art. I have always been a creative person and I have recently been a fan of painting. Creating things makes you feel so accomplished and if you aren't creative you are still able to be so amazed by the art that is seen around you! Enjoy my favorite artists I have grown to love and am inspired by.

Callen Schaub

Callen Schaub is an abstract painter. I actually found him and his work out through the Snapchat story called "Art Insider". He said that he wanted to be different from other people in his art class, so instead of picking up a paintbrush he put the paint on the canvas and spun it! He created a spinner to hold and spin the bigger canvases for his work. The circular paintings, as shown above, are 36" in diameter and he uses acrylic paints to make them come alive! He uses many different and crazy things to create these masterpieces. He has a trapeze-like machine that is hung from a string and then puts paint into a contraption. He then swings it over the spinning canvas which gives him the spinning effect. He lets them dry and seals the paint with a shiny coat of lacquer. The reason I love this is that even if you make a mistake it can always end up looking like a masterpiece. I'm sure he has made many but his work is incredible and I am looking for the day that I can try this on my own. You can find him on any social media platform but his Instagram is here... callenschaub

Lori Phillips 

This girl is AMAZING! She uses so many different textures in the ceramics that she makes and she said that she gets most of it from the nature she sees and is inspired by. I also saw Lori Phillips on the Snapchat story "Art Insider". I thought it was so interesting that she uses so many different well-known tools to create these textures, like a tea infuser. She makes so many different kinds of ceramics including mugs, plant pots, bowls, and incents holders. The mugs are my favorite by far because there are so many different inspirations and variations. As you can see in one of the mugs above, she recreated the texture of mushrooms. I can't imagine how long these each individually take, especially to mold and then paint. She talks about how no one of them is alike and she uses every space on the mug to create art, including the inside and the bottom! Here is her Etsy so you can get some cool mugs to drink your coffee or tea out of... https://www.etsy.com/shop/loriphillipsceramics

Andy Goldsworthy

This man has been my inspiration for photography since I took a photo class in high school! He truly has so much talent. He is known to sculpture things that he finds in nature. He doesn't use anything man made in his pictures or to assemble the sculpture. I tried recreating or mimicking one of these in my photography class, and let me tell you, it was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. It is very time consuming and technical. I used leaves that I found on the ground in the fall time and then put them together with cactus needles. It probably took me multiple hours for three days straight to get it perfect, in my book. He doesn't have a website or any social media platforms but if you are interested in looking at his work, there are many of his photos on Google.

I hope that you have people that inspire you in this world to try different and new things. Artists are so creative and I get so many ideas for new art every day from them. They are my inspiration and their enthusiasm for their creations make me hopeful for what I can accomplish in the future!