Justin Bieber And Other Celebrities Who Have Been WAY Too Insensitive About COVID-19

Not everyone lives in an endless grocery store or have arcades in their homes like these people.

2048

You would think that 2020 would bring so much love, peace, and joy to people after the 2010s threw half of us the biggest curve balls in our lives. This global crisis is not something that was ideal for anybody who looked forward to a new decade - a fresh beginning.

Some celebrities have a tendency to be insensitive anytime a crisis happens because, well, they're rich and have $50 million homes that they can store an entire grocery store and Gamestop in if they wanted to; meanwhile, there's people out there literally surviving COVID-19 with less than enough food and water to feed their families.

These celebrities have taken advantage of their platform to the point of insensitivity.

Justin & Hailey Bieber and Kendall Jenner

At the top of the list of insensitive celebrities is Justin & Hailey Bieber and Kendall Jenner.

On the Instagram live the Biebers and Kendall did together, Justin said, "How blessed are we... a lot of people obviously in this time… have a crappy situation. Obviously, we worked hard for where we're at so it's like we can't feel bad for, you know, the things that we have, but I think just us taking that time to acknowledge that there are people who are struggling is important."

People can't tell you how to spend your money, but to have such an insensitive attitude, especially knowing that your wife and her friend were born into wealthy families and didn't have to do much than bat an eye to achieving their fame, is exactly what your fans wanted to hear. The worse part, Kendall and Hailey both made faces after Justin's statement because they knew they didn't work for anything.

So thank you, Justin, for acknowledging the millions of displaced people who can't support themselves while you enjoy time in your million dollar home that you worked so hard for.

Gal Gadot & Co.

Another celebrity, or rather a number of celebrities, who haven't done much are those included in Gal Gadot's god-awful "Imagine" video.

I want to know who thought this was a good idea because I refuse to believe that Gal Gadot, freaking Wonder Woman, woke up one morning and said, "I'm going to get a bunch of celebrities and we're going to get on IGTV and sing a song." I can't believe that she was the mastermind behind this video.

Ellen DeGeneres

Ellen "jokingly" said that being in quarantine is like being in jail. Ellen, come on girl. Whatever "jail" you're in, I'm sure the millions in actual prison would like to join.

But I shouldn't just focus on the few celebrities who've done nothing (to the public eye) to help those struggling in this trying time.

It shouldn't go without saying that there are a few celebrities who are not only donating their own money, but raising money.

Rihanna is the go-to person for saving the world and she knows it. Anytime there's a problem, she's one of the first celebrities in the wave of "Let's Actually Do Good" to help. She's donated safety gear to health care workers in New York, America's epicenter for COVID-19 and $2.1 million to those in abusive relationships during this time period.

Kim Kardashian West has been called insensitive for using her Skims line as a way to continue to make profit, but she did say that she is donating the funds raised to a charity for displaced mothers and children, so at least she's not going live on Instagram and bragging about being blessed that she's living in a million dollar home she's "worked so hard" for.

Taylor Swift has been under the radar for the last few years, but she's donated to fans in need. Cardi B turned her partnership with Fashion Nova into a way to give back.

Jennifer Stone, aka Harper from "Wizards of Waverly Place," is a nurse fighting on the front lines during COVID-19.

There are countless more celebrities who are doing work under the radar and in the public eye (hopefully not for their own personal gain to their brand). To all the celebrities and future celebrities, don't be a Justin & Hailey Bieber, Kendall Jenner, Ellen, or Gal Gadot and Co.

Be better than them and show your solitude by doing more than being blessed about where you are and parading around your million dollar home on Snapchat and Instagram. We get enough of your parading even when there isn't a global crisis happening.

As an Amazon Affiliate partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.