In Honor of Chester Bennington

In Honor of Chester Bennington

My top 12 favorite Linkin Park songs.

13
In Honor of Chester Bennington
Twitter

What is there even to say when another light goes out from this world? This list of some of my favorite Linkin Park songs is a tribute to Chester Bennington, who touched many lives through his music over the years of his life. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us, Chester.

12. Numb

This, of course, is one of the many highly popular songs that come to mind when one thinks of Linkin Park. It was probably the one that captured my attention and turned it over to Linkin Park's music throughout the years.

Favorite Lyrics: Can't you see that you're smothering me / Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control

11. Somewhere I Belong

I believe that this song is widely relatable. Everyone is just looking for the place they fit into the puzzle.

Favorite Lyrics: I wanna heal / I wanna feel like I'm somewhere I belong

10. What I've Done

Favorite Lyrics: I'll face myself / To cross out what I've become

9. New Divide

Favorite Lyrics: As time began to blur / Like a startling sign / That fate had finally found me

8. In Pieces

This song so well describes a relationship that I've been involved in. It just spoke to me in ways that no other song ever could.

Favorite Lyrics: There's truth in your lies / Doubt in your faith / All I've got is what you didn't take

7. Talking to Myself

Favorite Lyrics: All the walls that you keep building / All this time that I spent chasing / All the ways that I keep losing you / The truth is, you turn into someone else / You keep running like the sky is falling

6. Sharp Edges

Favorite Lyrics: Sharp edges have consequences, now / Every scar is a story I can tell

5. Iridescent

Favorite Lyrics: Remember all the sadness and frustration / And let it go. Let it go

4. Heavy

Favorite Lyrics: I know I'm not the center of the universe / But you keep spinning round me just the same

3. Roads Untraveled

Favorite Lyrics: Give up your heart left broken / And let that mistake pass on

2. One More Light

Favorite Lyrics: Who cares if one more light goes out / Well I do

1. Leave Out All the Rest

I used to fall asleep every night listening to this song. It has been my all-time favorite for quite some time now.

Favorite Lyrics: Forgetting all the hurt inside you've learn to hide so well / Pretending someone else can come and save me from myself

If you or anyone you know is considering suicide, please don't hesitate to reach out for help. Your life matters. Be here to live it.

National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255