In Honor Of Dogs

In Honor Of Dogs

For all of the furbaby lovers out there

8
In Honor Of Dogs
Hannah Gaul

National Dog Day just passed us not too long ago. Many of us have furry friends, fur babies, fur whatever you would like to call them. They have our love and attention as long as they live, and most of the time we know we can’t live without them. So here is an honorary article to all of the fur monsters out there that we know and love.

We’ve grown up with you since we were young, or maybe since we were born. You have always been there to pick us up when we are down and put a smile on our face when we are crying. You never fail to shower us in kisses and give us unconditional loving, even if we did have to yell at you for eating the trash or running away the night before. You always have forgiven us for our wrong doings and never become stubborn when we want to apologize. You share our meals with us, our naps, our TV time, our exercise time, and any other thing we can possibly bring you to or do with you. While listing all of these things, it’s hard to not think, wow dogs are so perfect.

Dogs are in fact the best, but sometimes they cause unknown hurt, in ways that they cannot control. Dogs age at a 7:1 ratio to humans unfortunately, so sometimes; they have leave our journey of life too soon. So for you dogs up there in doggie heaven, hunting rabbits, running laps, swimming, eating everything in sight, or just sleeping because you can, thank you. Thank you for giving us the years you were able to. Thank you for being our unforeseen guardian pup angels when we need you the most. You still are always there when we need you, and we know where we can find you when our adventure without you is done. We miss you terribly, but we know it isn’t your fault you had to go. You were a part of the family and our best friends, there’s no doubt you’re always on our mind. We still talk about you almost every day and we can never forget your slobber, play times, kisses, or cuddles. You are forever loved by your humans.

So to all of you dogs out there, don’t stop being you. You bring us joy to our lives that is immeasurable and we wouldn’t want it any other way.