Why It's Important to Branch Out From Your Clique

you can never have too many friends

576

A girl loves nothing more than her squad, except for maybe her puppy and One Direction. Our girl squad is vital in our lives. It's a group of our best friends who are there for us in any giving situation. They are there to tell us which pic is best for Instagram, honest boy advice, and to vent our needs to. A girls' night with the squad is always a good night. And while we all might have our own clique of friends, it's important to have more than just this clique of friends.

We shouldn't rely on one group to be our only friends. There are so many people in the world to meet and to get to know inside and out that we shouldn't only spend it with the same five or so girls. Yes, hang out with your squad. But make room for other friends in your life to. There are too many fascinating people in this world that you might not even realize you share a connection with. Don't miss out on meeting these people because you're satisfied with the friends you already have. Meeting new people will help change your perspective and help you evolve. Branch out.

At the same time, if this clique is so essential and you meet someone else you enjoy, why not introduce them to your friends as well? Personally, I don't believe any clique should be official. To have a detailed list including the name and members of your clique sounds pretty middle school and very shallow. So why not ask your new friend to hang out with your old friends? The more the merrier!

Along with this, you never know when change will happen. You never know when you'll have an outburst with your friends or be abandoned by your clique or simply just grow a part. If something does happen and it's something that can't be mended, it's important to have other friends to be able to lean on. Don't depend fully on one crowd of people because you never know what will happen. Have other friends and people in your life to spend time with even if you just need a break from your crowd. When you're with the same group of people all the time, it could be a bit overwhelming. Sometimes it's good to have other friends that are different, even if you aren't as close.

Don't be afraid to go out and make new friends. Your squad will still be there, and you'll build even relationships that can greatly impact your life. Just remember, you can never have too many great friends.