It May Feel Weird To Put Yourself First, But It's So Important To Do
Self Love

Sometimes we forget how important self-care is because we are so wrapped up doing other things that we think are more important.

69

As 2019 begins, we must remember how important it is to take care of ourselves first. We are often so busy juggling all our day to day activities, we forget to give ourselves the needed time to sit back and breathe from time to time.

We need to treat ourselves for all the hard work we do each and every day.

As a student, I personally juggle a five-course workload, my social life, my health, while still making time for me. We need time to just sit and debrief after a long day or week. Sometimes we forget how important self-care is because we are so wrapped up doing other things that we think are more important.

Which is completely wrong.

Self-care stumps everything. In order for you to perform your best, you must feel your best. Tired? Need some downtime? Get in bed or on the couch and just close your eyes. Take breaths in and out. Sometimes we forget how important it is to breathe. We breathe naturally without thinking, but sometimes we need a deeper, more controlled breath.

It may feel weird to put yourself first sometimes.

I know first-hand, I always look to make sure everyone else around me is happy and content before I worry about me. That is fine, but you must remember your thoughts, your health, and your feelings matter too.

Treating yourself to a day filled with self-care and things you enjoy is crucial. I mean, after all your hard work wouldn't you want to make it all worthwhile? Eat that cake, drink your wine, and put on a face mask. It is time to get stuff done, but also remember how important you are and how important it is to look after yourself. After all, you are in charge. So make some good choices and put yourself first.