The Impact The Outdoors Can Have On You

The Outdoors Can Have A Major Impact On You

You would be surprised how much hiking and spending time outside can make you feel better about so many things.

35

There's nothing in the world like waking up to the smell of nature. It's a difficult scent to describe, but the closest I could probably get is explaining it as a rich, earthy smell of dirt and leaves. Doesn't sounder super appealing at first, right? Well pair that with sunshine radiating through tall, leafy trees and hearing nothing but the sounds of birds chirping. Any better?

Those sights, sounds, and smells are very refreshing and are nothing you can experience when living in a big city. We are always told when we are feeling stressed or overwhelmed to take deep breaths - inhale and exhale slowly and deeply. That is almost always relieving, and when you are surrounded by nature while doing that it's even more effective.

Now don't get me wrong, I know camping and being submerged in nature is not everybody's cup of tea, but even taking a 15 minute walk down a trail with no phone in your hand can give you enough clarity for the rest of the day. If being outside is not really something you enjoy, I encourage you to at least try it. Grab a friend who does and have them lead the way.

I promise that camping and being in the wilderness is not as miserable as some may presume. You hear stories about bugs, animals, mud, and other things people may find gross that are in the woods. Although honestly, most of that is over dramatized.

Besides, it really is what you make of it. That may sound cheesy but it is the truth for that and for so many other things in life. Whether you enjoy being in nature or not, if you go into the trip, hike, or whatever it may be with a negative attitude you won't get much out of it.

So if you have not experienced it already, on a nice day you should find a little time to enjoy the outdoors. Breathe in the fresh air and exhale any negative energy you are carrying with you. I promise that this will make a difference in your life if you let it, and maybe you will fall in love with it as much as I did.